Mendel University in Brno announces a selection procedure for the position of:
Academic staff member – Head of the Department of Animal Breeding
Research field: Breeding and breeding of animals or a related field
The Department does research and provides teaching programmes mainly around profile breeding subjects in the Zootechnics Bachelor’s and Master’s study programmes and the doctoral study programme in General and Special Zootechnics. Academic teachers and researchers are mostly involved in research activities focused on the development of scientific knowledge and skills in the field of animal reproduction, the measuring and evaluation of the reproductive and productive performance of farm animals and economically important animal species, and in optimizing the animal husbandry environment and practices to improve and optimize the welfare of farm animals.
What will you do?
- management of the workplace in terms of personnel and finance, science and research and pedagogy
- pedagogical and scientific research activities in the field of animal breeding and breeding
What do we require from you?
- higher education – at least Ph.D. in the field of animal breeding and breeding or a related field, the title of associate professor or professor advantage
- excellent knowledge of Czech and English for teaching and publishing
- documentable research and publication activity in the field of animal breeding and breeding or a related field
- ability to orientate oneself in labor law regulations and economic rules of higher education
- organizational, managerial and communication skills
- prerequisites for team and individual work
- personality and professional prerequisites for pedagogical work
- research and publishing activity in the field of animal breeding and breeding or a related field, experience with publishing in journals with IF
- willingness to work on their further personal development and professional growth
- civil integrity
What else do we appreciate?
- pedagogigal experience
- project activity
What can we offer you?
- very diverse and interesting academic and scientific research environment
- work-life balance
- advantages of the university environment, such as sports courses of the Center for Sports Activities, Counseling and Professional Center, libraries (these activities are mostly free)
- meal allowance (Edenred Card/Canteen)
- discounted MultiSport Card
- ITIC card with which you will have various discounts
- employer’s contribution to pension or life allowance insurance after 3 years of employment
- university kindergarten, summer suburban camps for employees‘ children
- work in an institution that has received the HR Excellence in Research Award from the European Commission
Expected start: January 2023, fixed-term employment contract no longer than 31.3.2027 (the exact period will be specified)
Job status: 1,0
Place of work: Brno
Are you interested in the position and would you like to become a member of the team?
Send an electronic application to the Department of Human Resource Management of Mendel University in Brno by 19 November, 2022, supported by:
- professional CV
- concept of institute development in the field of education and scientific research
- list of 5 most significant publication results over the past 5 years
- an overview of the most important solved projects
How do the selection procedure work for us? https://orlz.mendelu.cz/en/selection-procedure