Mendel University in Brno announces a selection procedure for the position of:
Academic staff member – Head of Department of Morphology, Physiology and Animal Genetics
Research field: Morphology, Physiology and Animal Genetics
What will you do?
- management of the workplace in terms of personnel and finance, science and research and pedagogy
- pedagogical and scientific research activities in the field of Morphology, Physiology and Animal Genetics
What do we require from you?
- higher education – at least Ph.D. in the field of cultivation, plant breeding and plant medicine or a related field, the title of associate professor or professor advantage
- excellent knowledge of Czech and English for teaching and publishing
- documentable research and publication activity in the field of Morphology, Physiology and Animal Genetics or a related field
- ability to orientate oneself in labour law regulations and economic rules of higher education
- organizational, managerial and communication skills
- prerequisites for team and individual work
- personality and professional prerequisites for pedagogical work
- research and publishing activity in one of the listed fields of cultivation, plant breeding and plant medicine, experience with publishing in journals with IF
- willingness to work on their further personal development and professional growth
- civil integrity
What else do we appreciate?
- pedagogical experience
- project activity
What can we offer you?
- very diverse and interesting academic and scientific research environment
- work-life balance
- advantages of the university environment, such as sports courses of the Center for Sports Activities, Counseling and Professional Center, libraries (these activities are mostly free)
- meal allowance (Edenred Restaurant Card/Canteen)
- discounted MultiSport Card
- ITIC card with which you will have various discounts
- employer’s contribution to pension or life allowance insurance after 3 years of employment
- university kindergarten, summer suburban camps for employees‘ children
- work in an institution that has received the HR Excellence in Research Award from the European Commission
Expected start: January 2023, fixed-term employment contract no longer than 31.3.2027 (the exact period will be specified)
Job status: 1,0
Place of work: Brno
Are you interested in the position and would you like to become a member of the team?
Send an electronic application to the Department of Human Resource Management of Mendel University in Brno by November 19th, 2022, supported by:
concept of institute development in the field of education and scientific research
list of 5 most significant publication results over the past 5 years
an overview of the most important solved projects
How do the selection procedure work for us? https://orlz.mendelu.cz/en/selection-procedure