The Department of Cytokinetics at Institute of Biophysics, Czech Academy of Sciences, Brno, Czech Republic headed by prof. Jan Vondráček and Dr. Karel Souček conducting a basic and translational research in the field of molecular toxicology and cancer biology invites biologists/chemists/toxicologists to apply for a Flow Cytometry and Microscopy Specialist position.
The Specialist will perform a variety of analytical assays procedures as assigned on cells, tissues, and blood. Hands-on experience with cell sorting is preferred but not required. The qualified candidate will operate and maintain a FACSAria II cell sorter as well as maintain a variety of analytic flow cytometers and microscopes. The key components of our daily activities include the technical activities and the research services at the Department of Cytokinetics, maintenance of the shared equipment, quality control, collaboration and support of experimentalists and training of the users including students and advising them on experimental design and troubleshooting data acquisition & analysis issues.
SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE SHOULD:
- have received a BS degree
- have experience in field of molecular and cell biology, biochemistry, or biophysics
- have at least 1 year experience with flow cytometry/sorting and fluorescence microscopy
- have systematic thinking and good planning skills
- have excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with multiple teams
- image quantification skills are advantage
- a CV including a summary of work experience, involvement in research and/or clinical projects, etc.
- a cover letter describing motivation and previous experience
- contact information to at least two referees
- send applications to Karel Souček at firstname.lastname@example.org by 30.11.2022