Charles University, Faculty of Pharmacy in Hradec Králové, represented by the Dean of the Faculty, announces an open competition
for the project Establishment of Specialized Team for Advanced Research on Separation (STARSS),
Project registration number: CZ.02.1.01/0.0/0.0/15_003/0000465,
within the Operation Program Research, Development and Education (OP RDE), PA 1: Strengthening capacities for the high-quality research, SO 1: Increasing international research quality and its results,
to fill research position:
FaF 10: Researcher, typ ESR II (postdoc position), FTE 1.0 FTE (100 %)
Expert in supercritical fluid chromatography II – SFC II
Place of work: Hradec Králové.
- experimental work in a lab, dealing with specific scientific and research tasks,
- SFC-PDA and SFC-MS, chiral and achiral separations, evaluation of new types of stationary phases in the SFC system, optimization of SFC-MS connections,
- study of matrix effects, comparison with other separation techniques, applications in pharmaceutical analysis, bioanalysis and analysis of plant materials,
- planning experiments, working with data,
- presentation and publication of the obtained results on an international scale,
- involvement in the preparation of follow-up national and international projects,
- participation in key project activities.
- completed university doctoral studies (Ph.D. degree) in the field of natural sciences at a university in the Czech Republic or achievement of a comparable degree at a foreign university, no later than on the day of commencement of employment,
- not exceeding 0.2 FTE on average at Charles University during 2009-2013 period,
- active English skills (proficiency in spoken and written English),
- research and publication activity in a field of analytical chemistry, separation science, or related fields,
- Previous experience with SFC and SFC-MS is an advantage.
Other knowledge and skills:
- prerequisites for research work,
- flexibility, great diligence, thoroughness, and responsibility,
- good organizational and communication skills,
- ability to work both independently and in a team,
- high motivation and hardworking,
- strong willingness to learn new things continuously.
Application must include the following:
- first and last name of the applicant,
- date and place of birth,
- place of residence/current address,
- date and signature,
- contact information (email address, phone number).
Candidates are expected to submit following annexes with an application:
- CV including the list of publications, professional skills, and past research experience,
- professional application letter,
- 2 letters of recommendation from recognized experts in their research field,
- certified copy of a diploma (Ph.D. degree),
- other documents certifying required knowledge and expertise,
- information duty and consent to the processing of personal data according to Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (General Data Protection Regulation) and Act No. 110/2019 Coll., on personal data processing, as amended.
The application form and agreement including an acknowledgement about providing personal data are available for download below on this page.
Labour Code (Law No. 262/2006 Coll.) and internal salary structure and regulations of Charles University specify the salary conditions.
The estimated monthly wage: 40 000 – 45 000 CZK.
The start of work: can be negotiated.
Type of employment contract: for a definite period of the project duration, ie until 30 June 2023.
Full time job (1.0 FTE).
- interesting work in an expert team for advanced research in separation sciences under the leadership of an internationally renowned specialist from the USA,
- possibility to take part in excellent research and be a part of the Centre of Excellence for Research on Separation Science,
- collaboration with foreign experts from Europe, USA, and Australia,
- specialized professional development and continuous education in a field with perspective of long-term employment in separation sciences,
- foreign scientific internships and participation in international conferences.
We also offer:
- flexible working hours,
- at least 5 weeks paid vacation,
- catering allowance and other benefits,
- FAFÍK – a day nursery that provide care for the employees´ children; the pre-school fees are partly covered by EU grant.
We kindly ask you to send the applications with all the required paperwork by mail or hand-delivered no later than by 31. 8. 2022 at the following address:
Charles University, Faculty of Pharmacy in Hradec Králové
Lenka Cermanová, DiS. – Personnel Department
Akademika Heyrovského 1203
500 05 Hradec Králové 5
Please, clearly mark the envelope “Job Announcement – STARSS Project – FaF 10”.
We kindly ask you to send your application with all the required requisites and attachments because without them your application is incomplete and you cannot be included in the list of candidates.
The announcer reserves the right to cancel the job announcement at any time during the course.
Contact person for providing further information concerning the work content:
Prof. PharmDr. Lucie Nováková, Ph.D. – The Department of Analytical Chemistry
Phone: +420 495 067 381