Full Time / Part time: Part Time (approx. 3 – 4 contact hours a week). Time in classroom presumes an hour of prep and an hour of marking in addition to time in classroom.
Regular / Temporary: Temporary (per semester) – contract under Trade Certificate/ Identification No. (ICO).
Salary: CZK 70,000 – 75,000 per a 3-credit course; salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience
Benefits: Internationally enriching teaching and academic experience
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Reports to: Academic Manager, Prague
We are seeking qualified faculty to teach one or several of the following courses in our study abroad programs in Prague. The academic calendar is February to May in the Spring semester and September to December in the Fall semester. We offer an attractive working environment and continuous support and professional development to all our faculty/instructors.
- Entrepreneurship: Creating a Plan of Action
- Truth, Storytelling, and Narrative: Becoming Czech
- Communications for the Tech Sector
- Tech, Ethics and Public Policy
- Social Psychology
- Essential Czech
IFSA (Institute for Study Abroad), a US-based nonprofit organization, creates global learning environments to help students gather the critical perspectives, knowledge, and skills essential for future success. With innovative programming and world-class support, IFSA delivers future-focused study abroad options in 19 countries and 48 cities around the globe. Our commitments to inclusive excellence, intercultural agility, individualized learning and enduring impact are present in every aspect of our programs.
Inclusion is a driving passion of our organization. We are committed to building a community where the thoughts and opinions of all team members are valued and contribute to our collective success, just as we build programs with the same focus.
Learn more about IFSA at https://www.ifsa-butler.org/
- PhD strongly preferred but will consider Postgraduate (Master’s or above) degree in relevant or related discipline from an accredited college or university
- Minimum level B2/C1 in English
- The legal right to work in the Czech Republic, reside within commuting distance of Prague for the duration of the contract.
- One full semester or term teaching as the instructor of record a relevant higher education course
- Two full semesters or terms teaching as a teaching assistant on a relevant higher education course
- Reliable, enthusiastic and communicative; helpful and empathetic; curious, independent and flexible
- Knowledge of Prague logistics and Czech culture
- Flexibility and ability to adapt and to respond calmly and professionally to challenging situations
- General knowledge of university system and student life in the Czech Republic
In this position, your responsibilities would include:
- Facilitate the delivery of the course per the syllabus.
- Attending faculty development meetings as required (three per semester)
- Accompanying students on relevant excursions within or near Prague as part of the course instructional experience
- Providing grades and feedback to students in a consistent and timely manner
- Providing accessible digital resources with respect to copyright laws to students via the learning management system / virtual learning environment (Canvas).
We know there are great candidates who won’t check all of these boxes, and we also know you might bring important perspectives, experiences and skills that we haven’t considered. If this describes you, please don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
Physical and Work Environment
- Teaching at IFSA academic center in the beautiful villa Grebovka in Prague, small class-size / low teacher to student ratio
- Working indoors and outdoors, working with smart and digital technology
- Ability to attend occasional meetings outside of local business hours, due to the global nature of our operations.
To apply, please submit your cover letter and CV for this position via our career portal at https://www.ifsa-butler.org/connect-with-us/ifsa-job-openings/ In your cover letter, tell us you think you are suitable for this job and how this job suits you in your own vision and career or professional development.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.
IFSA is an equal opportunity employer, and our hiring process is inclusive of all sexes, genders and gender expressions, nationalities and ethnicities, ages, religions and sexualities as well as veterans and people with disabilities.