In accordance with the provisions of Section 18, Subsection (2)(h), of Act No. 341/2005 Coll., the Board of the Institute of International Relations Prague, a public research institution, is announcing the start of the selection procedure for the position of Director.
The IIR now seeks candidates for the position of Director.
Start and end date of the position: from May 2023 until May 2028.
The candidate should demonstrate that they have the following:
- a PhD in a discipline related to social sciences, humanities, or other relevant fields
- a track record of academic research and policy analysis
- experience with strategic and financial management
- experience with public communication
- experience with applying for and managing third-party funded projects
- a working knowledge of Czech and English
The candidate will provide the following:
- a structured biography which demonstrates that the candidate has the qualities listed above
- a proposal of a concept of the future directions and development of the IIR (with a maximum length of 5 pages)
- documentary proof of the highest level of education attained by them
- a printout of the candidateʼs criminal record
- declarations on word of honour produced according to the provisions of Section 17, Subsections (4) and (5) of the Act No. 341/2005 Coll. on Public Research Institutions. The candidate must also prove that he or she meets the conditions specified in Act No. 451/1991 Coll
Expected monthly salary: CZK 72,500 brutto
Expected time of entry into the position: May 2023
How to apply?
Candidates are kindly requested to send the requested materials by email to the HR Manager Ms. Lenka Karbanová at firstname.lastname@example.org and by post.
Ústav mezinárodních vztahů, v. v. i.,
118 50 Praha 1
All application documents for the selection procedure should be sent to the IIR both in electronic form and by post.
All applications should be marked with the words “Ředitel / Ředitelka ÚMV, v. v. i. – výběrové řízení” in the subject line of the email.
The closing date for applications is 30th September 2022. The selected candidates shall be invited for interviews.
To your assistance: Lenka Karbanová