The Board of the Economics Institute of the Czech Academy of Sciences, a public research institution, announces the job position for the post of director of the Economics Institute of the Czech Academy of Sciences.
- Legal capacity1);
- Integrity according to Section 17 (4), b) and c) of Act No. 341/2005 Coll., on Public Research Institutions, as amended;
- University degree and scientific qualification in one of the fields of research activity of the institute;
- Scientific activity in one of the main fields of the research activities of the institute;
- Organizational skills and managerial experience;
- Active knowledge of English, additional language skills are an advantage;
- Moral integrity;
- Fulfillment of conditions pursuant to Act No. 451/1991 Coll., which stipulates certain other preconditions for the performance of certain functions in the state bodies and organizations of the Czech and Slovak Federal Republic, the Czech Republic and the Slovak Republic, as amended (not applicable to applicants, who are not citizens of the Czech Republic).
The director of the institute must not be a member of managing or supervisory bodies of legal entities engaged in business activities, and may not participate in the business of legal persons operating in the same activity as the institute. This limitation does not apply to the management of his/her own property (Section 17 (6) of Act No. 341/2005 Coll.).
Expected term: 1. 1. 2024 – 31. 12. 2028
Applications and their annexes shall be submitted in writing in Czech or English.
Attach to the application:
- a structured Curriculum Vitae,
- evidence of university degree and scientific qualifications attained,
- an overview of existing experience,
- a list of major scientific papers and publications,
- the concept of institute management and the direction of its work, including future institute development,
- a criminal record statement not older than 3 months1),
- a declaration of good integrity pursuant to Section 17 (4) c) of Act No. 341/2005 Coll.1)
1) An applicant who is not a citizen of the Czech Republic must attach an affidavit stating compliance with the conditions pursuant to Section 17 (4) of Act No. 341/2005 Coll.
The fulfillment of conditions pursuant to Act No. 451/1991 Coll., shall be submitted by the selected candidate to the president of the Czech Academy of Sciences no later than the date of appointment as the director of the institute.
Applications must be delivered to the Secretariat of the Economics Institute of the Czech Academy of Sciences at:
Economics Institute of the Czech Academy of Sciences
Politických vězňů 7
111 00 Praha 1
by no later than October 10, 2023
Label the envelope with „Selection procedure – EI Director“.