The rector of Charles University invites applications for the position of
Director of the Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education
Institute: Center for Economic Research and Graduate Education, Charles University
Expected start date: January 1, 2024 (expected term: January 1, 2024 – December 31, 2028)
Application deadline: October 20, 2023
- University degree and scientific qualification in a field of research activity of the institute;
- scientific activity in one of the main research fields of the institute;
- organizational skills and managerial experience
- active knowledge of English, additional language skills are an advantage;
- moral integrity.
The application and its annexes shall be submitted in writing in Czech or English. Please include the following documents:
- a structured curriculum Vitae,
- evidence of university degree and scientific qualifications attained,
- an overview of existing experience,
- a list of major scientific papers and publications,
- a concept of the institute’s management and direction of its activities, including its future development.
Please deliver your complete application by October 20, 2023 in paper form to the address
Personální oddělení CERGE Univerzity Karlovy, Politických vězňů 7, 111 21 Praha 1 in a sealed envelope labeled “Selection competition – Director of CERGE Charles University“, or in electronic form to the e‑mail address email@example.com.
The first round of the selection procedure will be conducted without applicants’ presence in the form of evaluation of applications by the selection committee. In the second round, the selection committee will perform interviews with selected candidates, which can be conducted online upon candidate’s justified request using an appropriate communication technology.
Each applicant will be duly informed whether she or he has been selected for the position.
The selection procedure may be repeated or canceled.
We hereby inform you that our organization will process your personal data for the purpose of selecting a suitable employee and arranging an employment contract. We will only process your personal data to the extent necessary for the implementation of measures involving mutual negotiations and candidates evaluation by our organization prior to arranging an employment contract. We will only process your personal data for the duration of the selection process, which will not exceed two months. When processing your personal data, we will provide sufficient protection and will not share it with any other legal or natural persons. We further inform you that you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: right of access, correction, deletion, and restriction of processing.