Hi, we are Datamole: a data & AI company of 70+ people. We are looking for a Data Scientist with 2+ years of experience to join our team.
WHAT WE DO:
We work on projects ranging from optimization of procedures happening in a cow milking robot through classification of radar data to analyzing processes on electron microscopes.
We cooperate extensively with domain experts on the customer side throughout the whole process and therefore you will learn a lot about very interesting domains.
You will tinker with different models, prepare pipelines and write code that is easy to adopt in production.
Additionally, you will talk to domain experts to understand details of the problem you are modelling. Your senior colleagues can help you with the creation of the whole architecture or model choice when needed.
Finally, you will be expected to grow into an expert in a particular domain, that both you and us like, (e.g. Neural Networks, Bayesian statistics etc.) as well as gain software engineering skills to produce reproducible and reliable code.
- Conduct research, implementation and optimization of algorithms for real-world problems in the realm of agriculture, manufacturing or other industry.
- Explore and analyze data and then build data pipelines able to reliably feed your models.
- Communicate with and understand domain experts and customers who do not have extensive data science knowledge.
- Help more junior colleagues overcome smaller issues and review their code.
- Consult others in areas of your expertise and share your knowledge of a model/tool/technique you know very well.
THINGS YOU SHOULD HAVE:
- Proficiency and 2+ years of working experience in data science. Recent PhD graduates in quantitative science with a strong portfolio of personal/academic projects (papers) are also very welcome to apply.
- Experience with the Python data science stack: pandas, numpy, scipy, matplotlib, seaborn, scikit-learn.
- Ability to break down defined problems into atomic tasks that can be directly worked on.
- Strong communication skills (written and oral).
WE GIVE EXTRA POINTS FOR:
- Portfolio/sample projects (including academic papers)/Kaggle profile.
- Experience with Azure.
BENEFITS YOU GET:
- Friendly company culture. No useless meetings, no dress code (but please dressed :))
- Comfy offices at Vítězné náměstí, Dejvice right at the tram/subway station
- Flexible working hours, work in small autonomous teams
- Regular team buildings and office parties
- 5 weeks of vacation, sick days
- A library with curated books, regular knowledge sharing sessions, Czech/English lessons
If it sounds like a good fit for you, please send your CV with a few words about yourself to Tomáš email@example.com.