Charles University Structural Bioinformatics Group is looking for a candidate to help maintain and advance software tools developed in the group and extend the portfolio of existing analytics approaches and software tools
The role will require the candidate to carry out maintenance tasks of existing tools along with maintaining data workflows for sharing our data with partner institutions such as PDBe-KB or RNAcentral.
To advance the tools and methods, the group is oriented towards developing approaches utilizing advanced machine learning (ML) approaches such as language models, CNNs, graph neural networks, vision transformers, and the like. The candidate is expected to have a working knowledge of ML and willingness to familiarize themself with the newest advances in ML, as well as the most recent development in structural molecular biology.
Although this is primarily a research position, in the longer run, it might include minor teaching duties.
- Maintenance and further development of existing software tools
- Supporting research partners and students utilizing the tools
- Coming up with novel ideas regarding the orientation of further research/development
- Ms.C. or Ph.D. in bioinformatics, computer science, machine learning, or a related quantitative field
- Strong interest in algorithms, machine learning, and data science/processing
- Strong algorithmic and programming skills (familiarity with languages such as C++ and/or Java and scripting languages such as Python)
- Knowledge of working in UNIX/Linux environment
- Basic functional knowledge of statistics
- Ability to work independently and to organise own workload
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Knowledge of web-based programming
- Basic knowledge of molecular biology
- Experience with structural bioinformatics
- Knowledge of software development principles and tools such as source control/versioning systems, continuous integration and development, software/unit testing
- A one-year contract renewable based on performance
- Flexible working time
- A pleasant working environment in the Prague city center
- Please send a CV and a motivation letter in English or Czech by email to Dr. David Hoksza (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Start date: April 2023 or later (negotiable). The position is opene until a suitable candidate is found.
- Position opened until a suitable candidate is found