The director of CEITEC, Brno University of Technology is opening a position
Postdoctoral Research Fellow INTEGRATED OPTICS FOR OPTICAL COMPUTING
Postdoktorand v oblasti INTEGROVANÉ OPTIKY PRO OPTICKÉ POČÍTAČE
You will be engaged in hands-on experimental research in the field of optical computing which is rapidly emerging as a transformative technology with vast potential, revolutionizing the landscape of data centres, artificial intelligence, and scientific simulations. By harnessing the power of light for computing and information processing, photonic integrated circuits unlock the promise of ultra-fast and energy-efficient computation, surpassing the limitations of traditional electronic systems and opening new frontiers of innovation.
The Central European Institute of Technology (CEITEC), located in Brno, Czech Republic, is seeking outstanding candidates for a postdoctoral research position focused on developing and fabricating photonic integrated circuits for optical computing. As a member of our team, you will engage in cutting-edge research on photonic integrated circuits, leveraging our state-of-the-art micro- and nanofabrication facility for the fabrication of integrated optical circuits.
Beyond the scientific appeal, the lovely city of Brno offers an enchanting blend of history, nature, innovation, and international flair. With its rich cultural heritage and thriving student population, Brno captivates visitors with its vibrant atmosphere. Located near Vienna, Prague, and Budapest, its geographical position makes it an ideal gateway for exploring Europe.
- A competitive salary for a period of 2 years (with possible extension).
- Working environment in the state-of-the-art infrastructure, including the latest equipment in our (https://nano.ceitec.cz/nanofabrication-laboratory-equipment/).
- The opportunity to be part of a supportive team dedicated to advancing the field of integrated optics and optical computing.
- Fully English-speaking environment.
- Highly motivating environment and supportive team members with diverse backgrounds.
- Work in the Czech Science City Brno with many collaboration possibilities.
- Wide international network of collaborators.
The candidate should have:
- A Ph.D. in physics, electrical engineering, or related fields.
- Excellent communication skills and demonstrate a high level of proficiency in English, as the position involves collaborating with international colleagues.
- Experience in integrated optics and micro- and nanofabrication is highly appreciated.
- Ability to carry out research projects independently, interpret the data and write manuscripts.
- Excellent team working skills, self-motivation, initiative and persistence.
- Act as a source of information and advice to other members of the group on scientific protocols and experimental techniques.
Join us in this exciting research opportunity and contribute to the forefront of optical computing innovation.
For any questions, feel free to reach out:
- Dr. Paolo Pintus, Project coordinator, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr. Pavel Krecmer, Deputy Director of CEITEC, e-mail: email@example.com
- Anticipated start date: Upon agreement.
- Work in cleanroom 100 environment and in general science laboratories.
- 6 weeks of holidays
- Full-time job – 40 hours per week.
- Place: CEITEC BUT, Purkyňova 123, Brno, Czech Republic.
Interested candidates should provide:
- Detailed CV with a detailed description of the candidate´s academic and professional achievements, as well as any other relevant information.
- Cover letter stating the motivation, candidate´s contribution to the field and vision.
- Name and contact details of two academic referees, including a short sentence explaining the candidate´s working relationship with them.
Electronic applications including all required items should be submitted to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org latest by September 30th, 2023, and quote “Optical Computing Postdoc Position” in the subject.