The director of the CEITEC Brno University of Technology is opening a position of a
Postdoctoral Research Fellow for ERC team: Batteries and Electrocatalysis for Decarbonization Lab
Pumera research team (www.pumera.org; energy.ceitec.cz; nano.ceitec.cz) is seeking an outstanding applicant for a scientific position of a postdoctoral research fellow. We are looking for an experienced materials chemist with skills in either batteries, supercapacitors or electrocatalysis with a specific focus on CO2 reduction and ammonia production. The ability to carry out materials characterization is an important part of the job. You will have the unique opportunity to work with state-of-the-art SEM, TEM, UHV STM systems, GC/MS, XPS, and ALD as well as with 3D printing systems (see nano.ceitec.cz).
- Deep knowledge of batteries or electrocatalysis is a must.
- Materials preparation and characterization techniques hands-on experience is a must.
- Ability to carry out the research projects independently, interpret the data and write manuscripts.
- Excellent team working skills, self-motivation, initiative, and persistence.
- Ability to exploit CEITEC BUT core facilities and laboratories (nano.ceitec.cz).
- Act as a source of information and advice to other members of the group on scientific protocols and experimental techniques.
- Fully English-speaking environment.
- Chief investigator is a Highly Cited Researcher & ERC grant holder.
- Highly motivating environment.
- Support team members with diverse backgrounds.
- Work in the Czech Science City Brno with many collaboration possibilities.
- Wide international network of collaborators – From the University of California to Singapore.
We are looking for a highly motivated researcher with a strong background in electrochemistry and materials.
Interested candidates should provide:
- Detailed CV including a list of publications.
- Cover letter stating the motivation, his/her contribution to the field and vision.
- Name and contact details of two academic referees from two distinct institutions.
- Anticipated start date: Upon agreement. The sooner the better.
- Highly competitive salary based on the candidate’s qualifications and experience.
- 6 weeks of holidays.
- Full-time – 40 hours per week.
- Place: Purkyňova 123, Brno, Czech Republic.
Electronic applications including required items should be submitted to e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org by June 15th, 2023 and quote the “Batteries” in the subject.