The International Clinical Research Center (FNUSA-ICRC) of St. Anne’s University Hospital in Brno, Czech Republic is a new-generation research center focusing on the pathogenesis of diseases including finding new methods, technologies, and medicaments for effective prevention, early diagnostics, and individualized treatment.
As a top Central European research center with more than 300 researchers, new technologies, and EU grant support, we focus on research and development mainly in the fields of cardiovascular and neurological diseases. In both areas, we partner with world-class research centers and universities.
We are now looking for a Ph.D. position candidate should hold or be about to complete a Master’s degree in molecular biology, biochemistry, or similar field. The applicant is also expected to demonstrate essential training in a range of molecular biology techniques relevant to basic research, motivated and passionate about pursuing a career in biomedical research. The Laboratory Technician will have a high degree of autonomy, strong support from the PI, broad resource availability, and a unique opportunity to help shape the lab.
Join our team and take the next step in your career with us!
Starting date: 1.1.2021 or negotiable Workload: 100 %
We are looking for:
- Master´s degree or diploma in medical biology, biochemistry, or in a related discipline
- Passionate future of cancer research who want to contribute to the fundamental understanding MAPK signaling is known to play a critical role in the development and progression of cancer and determining response to treatment
- Strong motivation, flexibility, and social competence
Your main tasks will include:
- Applying your broad skillset (molecular biology, biochemistry, microscopy, cell biology) to drive the project further
- Practical knowledge in extraction techniques for biomolecules (e.g. RNA, proteins)
- Ideally practical knowledge in the impact of the 3D organoid cell culture on the targeted therapeutic response
Qualifications, Skills, and Experience:
- background in biochemistry, molecular biology or cell biology
- good written and oral communication skills for report writing and presenting findings
- a methodical approach to work
- Pleasant and modern work environment, located in the center of Brno, a very nice city to live and work
- The truly international work environment
- Participation in international medical research
- Access to high technology,the possibility of professional and career growth
- 25 days of holiday and other employee benefits
If you are interested, we will be glad to hear from you! Send us your CV and a brief cover letter (both in English) until 22.12.2020 to email@example.com.
The candidates are invited to send their CV and cover letter in the English language to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org until December 22nd. In addition, candidates are encouraged to include links to any relevant projects they have worked on, their public github projects, or samples of work that demonstrate relevant software development experience.