We are seeking a motivated Senior Researcher fellow (post-doctoral level) with a solid background in one or more of these area: survey studies, population studies, epidemiologic studies, who will join the multi-disciplinary clinical research group Kardiovize Brno 2030, an established and ambitious cardiovascular prevention health scheme. Kardiovize Brno 2030 is part of the International Clinical Research Center of St. Anne´s University Hospital in Brno (FNUSA – ICRC).
Kardiovize 2030 Brno is the only program for cardiovascular prevention in Central and Eastern Europe based on analysing the population. Its goal is to define cardiovascular risk factors in the population of Brno and reduce these factors by using tailor-made preventive programs by 2030.
Maugeri A, et al. Nutrients. 2018 Sep 3;10(9). pii: E1219. doi: 10.3390/nu10091219.
Agodi A, et al. Nutrients. 2018 Jul 13;10(7). pii: E898. doi: 10.3390/nu10070898.
Hruskova J, et al. J Clin Med. 2018 May 13;7(5). pii: E113. doi: 10.3390/jcm7050113.
Maugeri A, et al. Nutr Metab Cardiovasc Dis. 2018 Apr 18. pii: S0939-4753(18)30123-6. doi: 10.1016/j.numecd.2018.04.002. [Epub ahead of print]
Movsisyan NK, et al. Eur J Prev Cardiol. 2018 Jan;25(1):54-64. doi: 10.1177/2047487317726623.
The International Clinical Research Center of St. Anne’s University Hospital in Brno (FNUSA-ICRC), Czech Republic is a new-generation research center focusing on the pathogenesis of diseases including finding new methods, technologies and medicaments for effective prevention, early diagnostics and individualized treatment. We are a top Central European research center with more than 200 researchers, new technologies and experience in using EU grant support. We focus on research and development mainly in the fields of cardiovascular and neurological diseases. Our partners are world-class research centers and universities. For more reference, you can see our website: http://www.fnusa-icrc.org/en/
The Senior Researcher fellow her will develop an independent project in the broad field of epidemiology. In addition, the researcher will have an opportunity to participate in ongoing grant projects targeting the study and the improvement of the cardiovascular health of Brno population.
The main objective of the project is to ensure that Brno has the lowest morbidity and mortality rates for artery and heart diseases in the Czech Republic and in people of a productive age by 2030. The number risk factors as well as the prevalence of artery and heart diseases is to be reduced by gradually increasing the awareness of risk factors of cardiovascular diseases and by shifting the mindset and behaviour of the city’s population The project is taking place in two stages – the first stages involves mapping out the risk factors in volunteers, and the second stage is to create preventive programs to reduce the risk factors.
Starting Date: Immediate (negotiable)
FTE: 1 FTE (full-time assignment), 2 year fixed term contract
Job Description – you will:
- Undertake independent research with a mentorship of Principal Investigator
- Design, perform, analyse data, and write papers
- Be a decision maker.
- Decide the content of surveys and questionnaires for study participants.
- Prepare Ethics and Informed consent documentation.
- Supervise students and younger colleagues
- Present at conferences and workshops
- Ph.D. in public health, epidemiology, internal medicine or any relevant background.
- Experience in conducting survey studies (demography, health-related etc)
- Experience in data handling and privacy
- Well organized, responsible, self-motivated, creative and flexible attitude
- Positive and team-work personality
- An interest in publishing
- Working in international multidisciplinary team of experts in epidemiology, nutrition, cardiovascular health, epigenetics, with a strong publication track record and international collaborations
- Engagement in ambitious projects of cardiovascular health and prevention
- Work in an inspiring and highly collaborative environment using state-of-the-art technologies
- Opportunities for further education and training
- Competitive salary and fix-term contract for 2 year with possibility of extension
How to apply:
The candidates are invited to send their curriculum vitae, cover letter describing motivation and previous experience and 2 recommendation contacts to email@example.com until 28th February 2019. For more information mail to Ms. Jana Jarešová (firstname.lastname@example.org) or Mr. Martin Vašek (email@example.com).