We are looking for a suitable candidate for the position of
Workplace: Department of Applied Biology
A commitment: 50% (20hrs/week) or by agreement
Wage classification: pay grade B6 according to the Internal Wage Regulation
- expected gross salary at 100% time: 40 000,- CZK
- the possibility of paying extraordinary bonuses in relation to the employee’s performance evaluation
Employment contract: Fixed-term contract for at least 1 year, with the possibility of extension depending on the implementation of projects and TUL’s internal regulations
Entry: immediately or by agreement
Send CV to: no later than 31 December 2023
What will be your job description?
- scientific research activities – microbiology with a focus on the issues of deep underground radioactive waste repositories and underground hydrogen storage facilities
- evaluation of partial experiments, preparation of graphic documents for project reports and presentations
- master’s degree in a natural science, biology, environmental protection, bioengineering, etc.
- the prerequisite is a full-time study of the doctoral study programme in Environmental Engineering at TUL. The candidate must be admitted to the doctoral study within three months of entering employment.
- experience working in a biological or molecular genetics laboratory
- knowledge of the Czech language, both written and verbal, at least at B2 level
- knowledge of English language, at least at B2 level
- experience in data analysis and interpretation and presentation of scientific results in oral and written form in Czech and English
- high level of creativity and inventiveness in research projects
- ability to deal with technical support for experiments an advantage
- ability and willingness to work underground an advantage (sampling, measurement of geochemical parameters)
- ability to work systematically
- reliability in meeting deadlines
- sense of responsibility and teamwork
- time flexibility
- independence, communicative
- Group B driving licence
What we offer:
- 6 weeks holiday
- flexible working hours
- factory catering
- university kindergarten
- play area for toddlers
- good transport accessibility (public transport and tram stop), parking and covered bike parking
- possibility of accommodation in a staff hostel
- contribution to a supplementary pension or life insurance
- language courses at the Inner Language School and training
- free sports activities (e.g. tennis, sauna, gym) in the university facilities
- free swimming in the Liberec swimming pool
- discounted telephone tariffs
- more detailed information here: https://www.tul.cz/en/university/employees/, https://cxi.tul.cz/en/people-career/career
Are you interested in the above information? If so, please send the documents requested below to the following e-mail address: email@example.com or to the address of the Technical University of Liberec.
The following documents must accompany your application for the vacancy:
- a structured professional CV with a brief description of professional experience to date
- copies of proof of education
- proof of B2 level Czech language proficiency or equivalent for foreign applicants
If you have any questions about this position, you can contact the HR department of the Technical University of Liberec (see contact details in the header).
Information on the selection of a suitable candidate:
The vacancy will be filled in the first round by examination of the documents submitted, and in the second round by personal interview or online interview with the selected candidates. All applicants will be informed of the outcome within 30 days of the selection of the suitable candidate.
The vacancy has been published on the official bulletin board of the Technical University of Liberec (https://www.tul.cz/univerzita/uredni-deska/kariera), on the CXI website (https://cxi.tul.cz/lide-kariera/volna-pracovni-mista), on the employment portal of the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (https://uradprace.cz/web/cz/volna-mista-v-cr), on the EURAXESS portal (https://www.euraxess.cz/), on the ResearchJobs portal (https://www.researchjobs.cz), and on the LinkedIn portal (https://cz.linkedin.com/) since 18 September 2023.