The Czech Centre for Phenogenomics (CCP) is a large research infrastructure that provides unique services for the biomedical and biotechnology research community in the fields of genome editing, phenotyping and animal model research. To expand our team we are currently looking for candidates for the position of the research specialist in bioimaging.
What will be your responsibilities?
- scanning, reconstruction and analysis of in-vivo, ex-vivo and in-vitro samples with X-ray computed microtomography and bioluminescence
- morphological evaluation of skeletal phenotype in mouse mutants
- development, testing, and implementation of new methods in scanning and analysis of morphology and pathology from 3D data in computed microtomography
- independent work on CCP bioimaging unit research projects
- assistance to CCP users with bioimaging experiments
- variety of other tasks as instructed by the supervisor
Are you the right candidate?
We are looking for a person
- with master degree in zoology with knowledge of vertebrate morphology or in biomedicine / biomedical engineering with knowledge of imaging methods (for laboratory vertebrates) or in another biology-oriented field with relevant hands-on experience
- able to work in English-speaking research team
- willing and capable to work with live lab vertebrates and/or their samples
- with high level of computer literacy
- experience with (bio)imaging and 3D reconstructions are advantage
- valid national certificate for handling of lab animals or FELASA certificate is plus
Why join us?
- You will become part of an international team dedicated to the highest standards of pre-clinical and basic biological research that is involved in global-scale research projects
- You will work with high-tech equipment in the state-of-the-art bioimaging facility of CCP
- We offer professional development in the field of bioimaging that might be expanded towards future PhD project
- We offer stable work position with a competitive salary and wide spectrum of benefits provided by the Institute of Molecular Genetics and the Czech Academy of Sciences
The employer is the Institute of Molecular Genetics of the Czech Academy of Sciences. The workplace is the CCP building in BIOCEV campus in Vestec. The initial contract is for 12 month with expected extension upon demonstrated proficiency. The starting date is negotiable (from January 2022).
Applications consisting of motivation letter and CV or questions related to the position should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.