Academic Staff Member – Associate Professor for the Department of Landscape Architecture
Research field: theory of architecture, foundations of building structures, building materials, research through design
We are a modern university, teaching and researching agriculture, forestry, economics and technical disciplines in regional and international contexts. Since 2018, we have been the holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award for improving employee care, awarded to us as the first Czech university by the European Commission.
In its pedagogical, research, artistic and creative activities, our department is focused on developing methods and tools of landscape architecture for the application of cultural, artistic and historical contexts in the development of urban and rural environments. A specific form of research is also an authorized project of the department’s pedagogues, which is synthetically reflected in the students‘ teaching studio. More information is available on web pages: www.zf.mendelu.cz
What will be your job role?
- preparation and conducting of lectures and exercises focused on the history and development of architecture, basics of building structures, building materials, etc.
- working in Design or Planning Studios
- guaranteeing selected courses, including doctoral studies, their innovation, preparation of scripts, etc.
- preparation and coordination of grant applications and projects, including foreign ones
- supervising and opposing master’s theses and dissertations
- coordination and management of scientific and research tasks
- communicating the results of their scientific and research activities to the professional community through
- publications, especially in professional and scientific journals
- active participation in conferences and seminars
What are our requirements?
- completed habilitation in Architecture or its equivalent
- publications in journals indexed in the Scopus and WoS databases.
- experience in independent creative practical activity and realization of buildings
- interest in effectively transferring acquired knowledge and skills to students, ability to lecture, lead seminars, and engage audiences
- independence and responsibility, excellent organizational and communication skills
- excellent Czech language skills
- ability to teach and publish in English
- ability to work in a team and independently
- independent scientific research or artistic creativity
What else do we appreciate (what is an advantage)?
- Certificate of Authorization from the Czech Chamber of Architects
- experience from internships and residencies abroad of more than 1 month
- knowledge of 2D and 3D applications: applications of Adobe CC package (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Premiere, Aftereffects), 3D modeling, visualization, and animation in Rhinoceros 3D and Autodesk 3ds Max, etc.
- portfolio of professional publications
What can we offer you?
- opportunity for career growth
- cooperation with foreign countries, educational activities, participation in conferences, seminars
- Welcome Office assistance
- 8 weeks of holiday
- support for work-life balance
- food allowance (Meal vouchers/Canteen)
- discounted MultiSport card
- ITIC card with which you can benefit from various discounts
- the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of the university environment, such as sports courses at the Sports Activities Centre, the Counselling and Careers Centre, recreation centres, libraries and the purchase of
- university products
- university kindergarten, summer day camps for children of employees
- employer contribution to a pension or life insurance after 3 years of employment
Job status: 0,4 (16 hours per week)
Expected start: Februrary 2024 or by agreement
Employment contract: for a fixed term of 1 year with the possibility of extension
Place of work: Brno, Czech Republic
Are you interested in the position and would you like to become a member of the Faculty of Horticulture?
Send us your electronic application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the chosen job position in the subject of the e-mail by 15 January supported by:
- professional CV
- cover letter
- overview of academic teaching
How does the recruitment process look like at our university? Find out on orlz.mendelu.cz/en/selection-procedure
Find out what makes #BRNOREGION the perfect place to live (brnoregion.com/en/).
We look forward to meeting you!