The Institute deals with the issue of nutrition of farm and hobby animals, cultivation of fodder and use of fodder plants for production and non-production purposes, production of solid and bulk fodder, quality and health safety of fodder, basics of veterinary science and diseases of farm animals. We are looking for a Academic staff member:
Assistant Professor for Departement of Animal Nutrition and Forage
Research field: supplementation of microelements in animal nutrition
What will you do?
- ensuring the teaching of subjects focused on livestock diseases
- deal with research on the supplementation of microelements in the nutrition of farm animals and their influence on the biochemical parameters of the blood
- management of final theses (bachelor and diploma) focused mainly on the influence of nutrition on farm animal diseases
- work in the laboratory focused on the evaluation of biochemical indicators of blood, especially with an emphasis on microelements
- publication and scientific activities
What do we require from you?
- the qualification MVDr. and doctoral education, Ph.D
- pedagogical skills in teaching subjects focused on livestock diseases
- excellent Czech language for teaching students
- ability to write professional and scientific articles in English and understanding of professional text
- certificate of competence to design experiments and experiment projects
- experience with evaluating biochemical parameters of blood, especially microelements
What else do we appreciate?
- experience with project activities (submitting and solving projects)
- the ability to organize teamwork
- communication with students
- independence and responsibility
What can we offer you?
- very diverse and interesting academic and scientific research environment
- possibility of career advancement to a higher academic position – associate professor
- meal allowance (Edenred Restaurant Card/Canteen)
- discounted for MultiSport Card
- employer’s contribution to pension or life allowance insurance after 3 years of employment
- work in an institution that has received the HR Excellence in Research Award from the European Commission
Expected start: September 2022, fixed-term employment contract for 2 years
Job status: 0,5
Place of work: Brno
Are you interested in the position and would you like to become a member of the team?
Send an application by August 21, 2022, supported by:
- professional CV
- cover letter
- list of publications
- overview of academic teaching
How do the selection procedure work for us? https://orlz.mendelu.cz/en/selection-procedure