Workplace: Department of Chemistry, Faculty of Science, Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic
Type of Contract: temporary position with 1-year contract (with possible extension), academic
Working Hours: 1.0 FTE (full-time employment of 40 hours per week)
Expected Start Date: negotiable with respect to immigration timelines for non EU candidates
Number of Open Positions: 1
Application Deadline: 06.03.2024
EU Researcher Profile: R2
About the Workplace
Masaryk University is modern, dynamic and the most attractive university in the Czech Republic with ten faculties, more than 6500 staff and 33 000 students, a wide range of research areas and a strong international position. We are the largest academic employer in the South Moravian Region.
Faculty of Science MU, a holder of the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission, is a research-oriented faculty, offering university education (Bachelor’s, Master’s, and Doctoral degree programs) closely linked to both primary and applied research and high school teaching of the following sciences: Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and Earth sciences. We are the most productive scientific unit of the Masaryk University generating around 40 % of MU research results.
Department of Chemistry at the Faculty of Science MU is one of the largest department of the Faculty of Science. Our research covers all main fields of chemistry – analytical, inorganic, physical and organic chemistry – as well as materials and biophysical chemistry and restoration and conservation chemistry. Degree programs cover all levels, from bachelor’s to doctoral level. We also participate in the teaching of a number of other study programs.
- Research in the field of analytical chemistry and analytical geochemistry
- Participation in the education of students in study programs of the Department of Chemistry, supervision of students
Skills and Qualifications
The applicant must have:
- PhD degree in in the field of analytical chemistry
- Experience in the field of analytical chemistry for at least 5 years
- Significant publication outputs
- Capability of scientific work in the field of analytical chemistry and analytical geochemistry
- Specialization in the analysis of geological materials using atomic spectrometry techniques such as ICP MS and ICP OES and the combination of these techniques with laser ablation
- Experience with development of methods for the determination of isotopic ratios
- Experience in teaching and supervising students
- Successful grant history
- Previous international experience
- Fluent English (spoken and written)
- Fluent Czech (spoken and written)
Informal inquiries about the position can be sent to the director of the Department of Chemistry Assoc. Prof. Mgr. Petr Táborský, Ph.D., email email@example.com, phone 00420 549 491 429.
- Research facilities in a modern university campus with access to department instrumentation
- Participate in developing interdisciplinary collaboration with research groups
- Participate in the development of existing and new interdisciplinary study programs
- An interesting job in a dynamically-expanding university area
- Flexible working hours and occasional home office to support personal needs in family and career compatibility
- Employee benefits such as 8 weeks of paid vacation per year, pension insurance contribution or nursery/children´s group allowance, a financial meal allowance, lunches in canteens of MU, Multisport card, vaccinations free of charge, discounted language courses, exclusive mobile tariff offer by Vodafone, childcare groups at Campus and Komenského náměstí)
- Opportunity to work and live in a modern and dynamic city (for more information on costs of living, you can refer to Numbeo)
- Welcome Office provides support with your relocation to Brno
The application shall be submitted online by 06.03.2024 via an e-application, please find the reference to the e-application here: https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/careers/vacancies/77326.
The candidate shall provide following:
- Cover letter describing candidate’s research interest and experience
- Summary of research outputs and publications
After submitting your application successfully, you will receive an automatic confirmation email from jobs.muni.cz.
Received applications will be considered carefully in line with principles of the EU Charter and Code for Researchers. Selection criteria: (i) meeting qualification requirements described above, (ii) all required documents provided.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for a personal or online interview.
The Faculty Recruitment Policy (OTM-R) can be seen here.
Faculty of Science, Masaryk University is an equal opportunity employer. We support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Visit our Career page.
We are looking forward to hearing from you!