Dean of the Faculty of Informatics, Masaryk University announces an open competition for the position:
Assistant Professor in Hardware Systems
Number of open positions: 1
Application deadline: 30 September 2023
Working Hours: full-time (40 hours per week)
Expected start: By mutual agreement
Employment: 3-year initial contract (with possible extension – tenure track)
Workplace: Faculty of Informatics – Department of Computer Systems and Communications, Masaryk University, Botanická 68a, Brno
EU Researcher Profile: Researcher 2
Salary: CZK 80 000. This amount is guaranteed for at most 3 years. Within this period the applicant must enter the faculty personal evaluation scheme, which may modify the salary according to the level of involvement in the research and educational projects.
Job description key points
- courses to cover:
1) Teaching of the courses MCU a FPGA (PV198 Onechip Controllers, PV200 Introduction to Hardware Description Languages) – organization, supervision, teaching (full course organization, lectures and seminars);
2) Coordination of continuity and simulation tools in teaching in the design and architecture of digital systems (PV170 Design of Digital Systems and PA176 Architecture of Digital Systems II) and seminar groups in PB171 Seminar on Digital System Architecture;
3) PA190 Digital Signal Processing participation in teaching (lectures and seminars).
- theses supervision;
- Hardware Systems program state exams committees;
- research and development of the embedded systems.
The successful candidate must have
- PhD in computer science or a closely related discipline;
- passion for problem-solving and a desire for continuous improvement in teaching skills;
- excellent publication record;
- experience with teaching in bachelor’s and master’s programmes and experience with supervising final theses;
- experience with active participation in research projects;
- experience with research project team leadership (advantage).
- standard academic proficiency in English (ability to communicate fluently in English in an international academic setting – both oral communication and writing/reading);
- ability for future professional individual development;
- ability to work well in interdisciplinary teams.
Applicants should submit
- copy of diploma from the highest level of education (notarial certification not required);
- cover letter explaining the candidate’s interest in the position;
- summary of work experience, publications (publications that meet a high standard of quality, such as those with notable impact factors or from reputable conferences, e.g., ranking at least B in the CORE portal) and teaching activities and involvement in research;
- plan for scientific, research and teaching activities and a plan for professional development for the next 3 years;
- title and abstract of a lecture that will be presented as a part of the selection procedure;
- names and contact details of two professional and language referees.
- an interesting job in a prestigious university environment with international overlap and cooperation with the application sphere;
- career development and growth (e.g. university seminar series, courses provided by MU, participation in conferences, staff mobility training, participation in research projects, support of project department);
- relocation support and help from the Welcome Office MU;
- employee benefits such as 8 weeks of paid vacation per year, pension insurance contribution, Multisport card, vaccination allowance, discounted language courses, childcare group at MU building (Komenského nám., Brno) (detailed information at https://www.fi.muni.cz/staff/career/benefits/index.html.en );
- workplace close to the centre of Brno with parking directly on the faculty premises.
Please submit your application, including all required documents, preferably online via the MU e-application (https://www.muni.cz/o-univerzite/kariera-na-mu/volna-mista/76269). In case this way of submission would not be possible, we also accept a paper application with a declaration of the reason for such a submission.
The selection process is based on the Open Transparent Merit-based Recruitment Policy. Faculty of Informatics holds the HR Excellence in Research Award. The rules of the selection processes at the Faculty of Informatics MU can be found at https://www.fi.muni.cz/staff/selection-procedure/index.html.en.
Once submitting your application successfully, you will receive an automatic confirmation email. Candidates successful in the first round of the selection process will be invited for an in-person interview or a video-conference interview. Candidates who succeed in the second round will be invited to present a public lecture.
Queries regarding the submission procedure can be sent to HR Department: pers (a t) fi.muni.cz.
Queries regarding the position as such can be addressed to Assoc. Prof. Eva Hladká, Head of Department of Computer Systems and Communications, eva (a t) fi.muni.cz.
Further information is available: