Mendel University in Brno announces a selection procedure for the position of academic staff member for the Department of Finance. It focuses on pedagogy and research in the field of financial and capital markets, banking, insurance, international finance, European integration and regional development.
What will you do?
- Conducting seminars and lectures in the field of financial data analysis in Czech and English,
- lead and oppose the final students‘ work,
- submitting and solving basic research projects,
- cooperation in international research teams,
- publication of research results in scientific journals indexed by WoS databases.
What do we require from you?
- Master’s degree in economics/finance and Ph.D., Dr. or equivalent,
- excellent communication and presentation skills,
- the ability to give lectures, lead seminars in Czech and English and effectively transfer the acquired knowledge to students,
- the ability to develop and innovate research processes,
- experience with the presentation of research results and their publication in leading impact journals of the field (JIMP category Q1 and Q2).
What else do we appreciate?
- Positive and proactive approach, ability to come up with new ideas and improve existing solutions.
What can we offer you?
- Opportunities for further training and development, participation in international conferences,
8 weeks holiday,
- very diverse and interesting academic and scientific research environment,
- possibility of professional growth and development, training and courses,
- meal allowance (Edenred Card/Canteen),
- discounted MultiSport Card,
- advantages of the university environment, such as sports courses of the Center for Sports Activities, Counseling and Professional Center, libraries (these activities are mostly free),
- ITIC card with which you will have various discounts,
- university kindergarten, summer suburban camps for employees‘ children,
- work in an institution that has received the HR Excellence in Research Award from the European Commission.
Expected start: January 2023, fixed-term employment contract for 2 year (1.1.2023 do 31.12.2024)
Job status: 0,5 (20 hours/week)
Place of work: Brno
Are you interested in the position and would you like to become a member of the team?
Send an electronic application to the Department of Human Resource Management of Mendel University in Brno by 10 December, 2022, supported by:
- Professional CV,
- cover letter,
- list of publications (with IF),
- overview of academic teaching.
How the recruitment process look like at our university? Find out on https://orlz.mendelu.cz/en/selection-procedure