Mendel University in Brno announces a selection procedure for the position of academic staff member:
Assistant or Assistant Professor for The Department of Technology and Automobile Transport
Research field: Physical properties of materials
What will you do?
- teaching Physics and Technical Mechanics (possibly according to accreditation) in Czech and English
- management of diploma and bachelor’s theses
- publication activity in the field related to pedagogical activity
- project activity
What do we require from you?
- completed master degree in the field of technical focus (engineering/technology operation/automotive transport)
- an advantage is a successfully completed doctoral study program (Ph.D.) in the field of physics/applied physics/applied mechanics or a related field
- excellent knowledge of Czech and English at a communicative level for teaching, ability to publish professional articles in English (level B2)
- knowledge of computer software (e.g. Matlab/Mathematica/Maple or other)
- basic knowledge with research in the field of material physics
- orientation in grant opportunities
What else do we appreciate?
- experience in submitting scientific research projects
- publishing activity
- knowledge of the university environment
- team work
- excellent communication skills
What can we offer you?
- professional growth possibility of promotion to the position of Assistant Professor or Associate Professor or Professor (after the habilitation procedure)
- 8 weeks of vacation
- regular training activities, participation in conferences, seminars etc.
- very diverse and interesting academic and scientific research environment
- work-life balance
- advantages of the university environment, such as sports courses of the Center for Sports Activities, Counseling and Professional Center, libraries (these activities are mostly free)
- meal allowance (Edenred Card/Canteen)
- discounted MultiSport Card
- ITIC card
- university kindergarten, summer suburban camps for employees ‘children
work in an institution that has received the HR Excellence in Research Award from the European Commission
Expected start: start of work by agreement, fixed-term employment contract until 1.9.2025
Job status: 1,0 (40 hours/week)
Place of work: Brno
Are you interested in the position and would you like to become a member of the team?
Please send your application to email@example.com by 22 May, 2023 with enclosed:
- professional CV
- overview of academic teaching
How do the selection procedure work for us? orlz.mendelu.cz/en/selection-procedure