Mendel University in Brno announces a selection procedure for the position of academic staff member:
Assistant for the Department of Crop Science, Breeding and Plant Medicine
In the science and research area the department is focused on pathogens and pests of agricultural and garden crops, including possible usage of substances of natural origin for plant protection. Long term aim of the department is solving the problem of insect pests´ resistance to effective insecticide substances.
More at: https://upsrr.af.mendelu.cz/
Research field: plant breeding and plant medicine
What will you do?
- independent and team solution of scientific research and project tasks, including international ones
- conducting and evaluating biological experiments
- publishing activities
- participation in teaching activities
What do we require from you?
- a minimum of a Master’s degree in plant science or a Ph.D. degree, or a Ph.D. in phytotechnics or a related field
- teaching and publishing in Czech and English
- experience in publishing and teaching
Required research experience:
- practice with the preparation of research projects and their implementation
- experience in field experimentation
- knowledge of molecular biological methods
What else do we appreciate?
- organisational skills
- willingness to grow and cooperate in research activities of the Institute, Faculty and University
- interest in participating in foreign cooperation and internships
What can we offer you?
- the prospect of career growth in an academic environment
- 8 weeks leave
- regular educational activities, participation in conferences, seminars, etc.
- pleasant working environment on the university campus
- support for work-life balance
- flexible working hours
- benefits of the university environment, such as sports courses at the Sports Activities Centre, the Counselling and Careers Centre or the library
- food allowance (Edenred Card/menza)
- discounted MultiSport card
- ITIC card
- University kindergarten, summer suburban camps for children of employees
- work in an institution that has been awarded the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission
Expected start: April 2023, fixed-term employment contract for one year (until 31st March 2024)
Job status: 0,5
Place of work: Brno
Are you interested in the position and would you like to become a member of the team?
Send an electronic application to the Department of Human Resource Management of Mendel University in Brno, by February 23, 2023, supported by:
- professional CV
- cover letter
- list of publications
- overview of academic teaching
How do the selection procedure work for us? https://orlz.mendelu.cz/en/selection-procedure