Mendel University in Brno announces a selection procedure for the position of academic staff member:
Assistant/Assistant Professor for Department of Forest Protection and Wildlife Management
The Department of Forest Protection and Wildlife Management carried out pedagogical and scientific activities mainly in the fields of forest pathology a protection, stress ecology, tree pathology, forest entomology, arboriculture, hunting, applied zoology, ecology and animal genetics. The main project-supported research topics are diseases of Phytophthora spp. and Dothistroma spp., ash dieback, pest gradation and game management.
- wildlife management
- animal behaviour and ecology
What will you do?
- development of cognitive and creative abilities of students, especially in the field of forestry, landscape and
- wildlife management
- leading of exercises, seminars and excursions
- supervision and opposition of seminar and final thesis
- participation in scientific research activities and publication of their results in professional and scientific journals
- independent preparation of project proposals and publication of their results
- ensuring the operation of the laboratory of the Department
What do we require from you?
- higher education Ph.D. or Mgr. in the field of biology, ecology, forestry or genetics with expectation of completion of Ph.D. by the end of 2023
- teaching and publishing in Czech and English language
- practical experience in hydrobiology, vertebrate zoology and conservation
- interest in deepening experience in working on research projects, their administration and solution
- willingness to develop and innovate research processes
- knowledge of scientific technologies and statistical methods for research purposes
- driving licence group B
We also require the following professional experience:
- experience of professional research at least 3 years including Ph.D. studies
- ability to present and publish scientific research results in leading journals in the specific field
- minimum H-index 3 on WoS
- at least 13 publications and 30 citations on WoS
What else do we appreciate?
- ability to work in a team
What can we offer you?
- prospect of career growth in academic environment within 3 years
- 8 weeks of vacation
- regular training activities, participation in conferences, seminars etc.
- very diverse and interesting academic and scientific research environment
- work-life balance
- advantages of the university environment, such as sports courses of the Center for Sports Activities,
- Counseling and Professional Center, libraries (these activities are mostly free)
- meal allowance (Edenred Card/Canteen)
- discounted MultiSport Card
- ITIC card
- university kindergarten, summer suburban camps for employees ‘children
- work in an institution that has received the HR Excellence in Research Award from the European Commission
Expected start: February 2023, fixed-term contract for 3 years
Job status: 0,3
Number of positions to filled: 1
Place of work: Brno
Are you interested in the position and would you like to become a member of Department of Forest Protection and Wildlife Management?
Send an electronic application to the Department of Human Resource Management of Mendel University in Brno by 8 February, 2023, supported by:
- professional CV in the form of Europass
- cover letter
- list of publications (can be in the form of RID)
- overview of academic teaching (in case of experience with academic teaching)
- list of courses attended
How do the selection procedure work for us? https://orlz.mendelu.cz/en/selection-procedure