Dean of the Faculty of Forestry and Wood Technology, Mendel University in Brno, prof. Dr. Ing. Libor Jankovský announces an open competition for the position of
Academic staff member – Assistant Professor focused on CAD applications with business management support
for the Department of Furniture, Design and Housing
The fundamental mission of the department consists in university educational activities focused on preparing new generation of bachelors and diploma engineers specialized in furniture. The mission of the school covers preparing specialists, which can immediately after graduation become useful members of working teams specialized in furniture production as well as furniture R&D.
More at: http://www.ustavnabytku.cz/en
What will you do?
- management of subjects focused on issues related to CAD applications with the support of business management
- supervision of final theses (DP, BP, DiZ.) on a given topic
- creative activity in the given area
- active participation in the development of the sector within the Institute
- active scientific activities in the field within the institute
What do we require from you?
- university degree Ph.D. in Furniture Design Processes
- min. 5 years of experience teaching the subject Furniture Manufacturing in CAD / CAM
- skills in working in the IMOS software application
- experience in the implementation and introduction of software in manufacturing companies
- the ability to evaluate the effectiveness of production systems innovation and its impact on the efficiency of control and production processes
- knowledge of the Czech language (teaching in the Czech language)
What else do we appreciate?
- publishing activity in the given area
- cooperation with practice in the field of furniture production and production process control
- results of creative activity in the form of publications, project activities and practical skills in the implementation and introduction of software in manufacturing companies
What can we offer you?
- the possibility of further professional education and development
- meal allowance (Edenred Restaurant Card/Canteen)
- discounted MultiSport Card
- employer’s contribution to pension or life insurance after 3 years of employment
- work in an institution that has received the HR Excellence in Research Award from the European Commission
Expected start: February 2022, fixed-term employment contract for three years
Job status: 0,5 with possibility of increase
Place of work: Brno
Are you interested in the position and would you like to become a member of the team?
Send an electronic application to the Department of Human Resource Management of Mendel University in Brno by February 2, 2022, supported by:
- professional CV and cover letter
- overview of academic teaching
- evidence providing project management training, project experience, language skills, competencies
How do the selection procedure work for us? https://orlz.mendelu.cz/en/selection-procedure