Dean of the Faculty of Horticulture, Mendel University in Brno, doc. Dr. Ing. Alena Salašová announces an open competition for the position of
Academic Staff Member – Assistant
Department of Landscape Architecture
The pedagogical, research, artistic and creative activities of the department focus on developing methods and tools of landscape architecture for the application of cultural, artistic, and historical context towards the development of urban and rural environments. A specific form of research is represented by authorized design and planning activities of the department staff, which systematically reflects in the education of students through practical studio training.
- theory and history of landscape architecture and garden art
- urban design and planning
- digital technologies in architecture
What will you do?
- delivery of practical training sessions, project studio and workshops focusing on landscape architecture
- individual tuition, supervision, and reviewing of students’s final theses
- preparation and coordination of scientific and/or creative assignments
- presentation of the results of own research activities to professional audience through lectures and papers in expert journals
- active participation in conferences and seminars
What do we require from you?
- completed Master degree
- Czech and English language knowledge for teaching and publishing
- teaching skills and experience
- communication skills
- ability to work in a team and individually and complete assigned tasks to a successful end
- professional experience in landscape architecture and planning
- capability to conduct independent design and planning activities
- experience in presenting of research or design results
What else do we appreciate?
- holder of an authorization licence issued by the Czech Chamber of Architects, or practical experience in landscape-architectural design and planning
- desire to self development
- PC knowledge (advanced knowledge of CAD,GIS or 3D modelling))
What can we offer you?
- opportunity of involvement in scientific activites of the department
- further career growth (postdoctoral habilitation)
- collaboration with international partners
- discounted Multisport card
- work in an institution that has received the HR Excellence Award in Research Award, awarded by the European Commission
- employer’s contribution to pension or life allowance insurance after 3 years of employment
Expected start: February 2022, fixed-term employment contract
Job status: 0,5
Place of work: Lednice
Are you interested in the position and would you like to become a member of the team?
Send an application by January 21th 2022, supported by:
- professional CV
- cover letter
- list of publications
- overview of academic teaching
How do the selection procedure work for us? https://orlz.mendelu.cz/en/selection-procedure