Title: Academic Manager, IFSA Prague Programs
Regular: Full Time Contract
Location: Prague, Czech Republic
Reports to: Director, IFSA Czech Republic
Salary: 70.000-74.000 Kč
Are you a life-long learner, curious about the world around you?
Are you ready to bring your unique skills to a mission-driven organization?
Do you enjoy being a part of a student’s journey of personal, academic and intercultural growth?
If so, we would love to welcome you to our global community!
We are looking for an individual to lead and coordinate all academic aspects of Czech Republic programs. The Academic Manager will provide valuable academic leadership for IFSA’s CZ programs, ensuring the highest quality student learning. The AM works closely with the local team of Faculty Lead, Student Experience Coordinators and the Director. The AM is responsible for supporting several key areas of IFSA’s programs: Teaching and learning; registration, records, and academic integrity; faculty recruitment, retention, and development; and academic advising.
The Academic Manager promotes collaborative problem solving and open communication on site and with Academic Programs leadership abroad. The AM is responsible for collecting, analyzing, and using data-driven decision making to deepen and enrich the student experience on site.
The Academic Manager will have deep experience with and understanding of international education in Prague/Czech Republic/Central Europe. Connections with local colleges, universities, international education providers, and knowledge of trends in the field is critical.
The AM will support the design, planning, and delivery of experiential, place-based, and project-based learning in collaboration with relevant faculty and Director.
The AM also collaborates with IFSA’s Custom, Marketing, Institutional Engagement and Student Engagement teams on strategic projects, programs, and initiatives as needed.
IFSA (Institute for Study Abroad), a US-based nonprofit organization, creates global learning environments to help students gather the critical perspectives, knowledge, and skills essential for future success. With innovative programming and world-class support, IFSA delivers future-focused study abroad options in 19 countries and 48 cities around the globe. Our commitments to inclusive excellence, intercultural agility, individualized learning and enduring impact are present in every aspect of our programs.
Learn more about IFSA at https://www.ifsa-butler.org/
In this position, your responsibilities would include:
Student Academic Affairs, Advising, and Administration
- Coordination with Student Engagement team on duties related to pre-arrival tasks such as academic orientations, important program dates, class offerings, syllabi links, CIFs, etc.
- Design and hold pre arrival and on-site academic orientation on class selections/host institutions to reduce student anxiety in navigating a complicated university system
- Design engaging orientation activities/events aligned with IFSA’s commitments
- Facilitate academic workshops
- Lead for academic advising check ins for students – train staff/oversee feedback/collect data (individualized learning)
- Serve as initial point of contact for general student inquiries concerning academics
- Outline and manage course registration process on site to ensure accuracy and clarity of expectations
- Collect and send final grades to Academic Affairs per policies
- Oversee management of academic cases for students in Salesforce (open/follow-up/close)
- Revise and update Student Handbook sections related to Academics
- Ensure SalesForce and CHART data is current
- Respond to requests from US schools/students concerning syllabi, grades, etc.
- Ensure 90% completion of IFSA class evaluations; 75% completion of host university class evaluations – design strategy and measure success term/term
- Critically review post program and class evaluations to identify critical academic actions to improve student learning
- In collaboration with Student Experience Coordinator and Director, organize seminars on different professional careers based upon student interest per term (enduring impact)
- Duties assigned by the Director/Lead Faculty to assist with student services and overall Prague Academic Affairs.
- Support positive relations with local universities
- Support the planning and delivery of custom programs as needed
- Coordinate with colleagues for non-academic student needs/accommodations
- Contribute to emergency response and student incident management based on established protocol, and participate in after-hours emergency phone rotation
- Develop portfolio of host and partner companies for internships and place/project-based learning in collaboration with other team members
- Support the hiring, training, and management of IFSA faculty
- Support the Lead Faculty identify and action ongoing improvements to teaching and learning in the computer science courses
- Serve as primary point of contact for challenge project coordination for the TCA core class in collaboration with Lead Faculty and class professor
- Manage the scheduling of IFSA classes
- Supervise design of new classes offered in CZ based upon market demands/school requests/timely subjects
- Review co-curricular activities to ensure aligned with learning outcomes
- Design and deliver training sessions for faculty: active and inclusive pedagogy; Canvas; authentic assessments
Requirements, Work Experience and Education:
- 5 years of work experience in higher education in Czech Republic, specifically in area of study abroad with US universities
- Fluency in English and Czech
- Strong time management and planning skills, with the ability to work independently to execute time-sensitive tasks and duties successfully
- Strong attention to detail in creating internal and external documents and in managing program and administrative data
- Strong digital competencies, including the ability to engage with multiple systems and our database platform, Salesforce.
- Ability to cultivate and model practices and behaviors that reflect IFSA’s organizational commitments of inclusive excellence, intercultural agility, individualized learning and enduring impact
- Proven ability to work well in a team and to engage effectively with colleagues across an organization
- Ability to engage with and support students with diverse lived experiences including students of color, students with mental and physical disabilities, first-generation college students, and LGBTQIA+ students
- Flexibility and ability to adapt and thrive in ambiguous and changing situations and to shift focus and reprioritize work as needed
- An ability to respond calmly and professionally to emergency situations
- General knowledge of the university system and student life in Prague
- Master’s degree required; doctorate preferred
- The legal right to work in Czech Republic required
- Desirable Skills: Experience in and knowledge of the tech sector in Czech Republic, including higher ed
- Experience with social media platforms used by US college aged students
- Deep knowledge of Microsoft Office systems including PowerPoint, Word, Outlook required.
- Advanced skills in working with Excel including design of pivot tables desired.
- Knowledge of CRMs, specifically Salesforce desired.
We know there are great candidates who won’t check all these boxes, and we also know you might bring important perspectives, experiences and skills that we haven’t considered. If this describes you, please don’t hesitate to apply and tell us about yourself.
Physical and Work Environment:
- Working on a computer, making phone/video calls.
- Required to navigate and travel around the city and for excursions, potentially outdoors in the heat or cold
- Occasional travel around the local city and remote locations is required
- Occasional facilitation of student learning outside of normal working hours, and outside of the normal place of work
- Occasional physical activities such as arranging chairs/tables in conference room settings.
- Ability to attend occasional meetings outside of local business hours, due to the global nature of our operations
To apply, please submit your cover letter and CV for this position via IFSA’s career page: https://www.ifsa-butler.org/connect-with-us/ifsa-job-openings/
In your cover letter, offer a compelling “Why” statement as to your suitability to the role using the job responsibilities and organizational commitments as a framework.
Review of applications will begin immediately, and the position will remain open until filled.
IFSA is an equal opportunity employer, and our hiring process is inclusive of all genders and gender expressions, races and ethnicities, ages, religions and sexualities as well as veterans and people with disabilities.