The positions are open in the research group of prof. Zdenek Sofer at the University of Chemistry and Technology Prague – UCT Prague (contact firstname.lastname@example.org; www.sofergroup.cz). The recruited Early Stage Researchers will be enrolled in the PhD programme at UCT Prague.
PhD Research Summary
- Research in the field of 2D materials CVD deposition and fabrication of heterostructure based nanoelectronics and optoelectronic devices
- Research in the field of energy storage applications of 2D materials with focus on batteries and supercapacitors.
- The Early Stage Researcher (ESR) will explore the crystal growth of transition metal dichalcogenides, their alloys and doping using vapor transport methods and flux growth methods as well as development of CVD deposition methods including deposition of heterostructures. Fabrication of devices.
- The Early Stage Researcher (ESR) will explore synthesis, exfoliation and chemical modifications of 2D materials and their utilization in energy storage devices including batteries and supercapacitors.
- university degree (MSc degree or equivalent) in physics or chemistry
- experimental background in 2D materials and their applications in energy storage and electronic devices (FET, photodetectors and others).
- well-organised, motivated researcher with excellent communication skills
- full-time contract for 48 months
- work on the individual research topic described above
- access to state-of-the-art equipment
- enrolment in a 4-year PhD programme in Inorganic Chemistry
- competitive salary
- employee benefits including 6 weeks of vacation and catering allowance
How to Apply
Please submit your CV, motivation letter, publication list (if applicable) and reference letter electronically as a single pdf file to email@example.com. Interviews with shortlisted candidates will be held in the form of video conferences.