We are offering a position of a Senior Facility Staff Member within the mass spectrometry-based Proteomics Core Facility at the International Clinical Research Center of St. Anne´s University Hospital in Brno (FNUSA – ICRC). We are seeking a passionate and experienced Mass Spec specialist willing to join our team.
The International Clinical Research Center of St. Anne’s University Hospital in Brno (FNUSA-ICRC), Czech Republic is a new-generation research center focusing on the pathogenesis of diseases including finding new methods, technologies and medicaments for effective prevention, early diagnostics and individualized treatment. We are a top Central European research center with more than 200 researchers, new technologies and experience in using EU grant support. We focus on research and development mainly in the fields of cardiovascular and neurological diseases. Our partners are world-class research centers and universities. For more reference, you can see our website: http://www.fnusa-icrc.org/en/
About Proteomics Core Facility
The Facility was established in April 2017 in order to provide full infrastructure for protein identification, characterization and quantitation using mass spectrometry-based approach. We’re now creating our interdisciplinary team by combining expertise from the fields of biology, chemistry and computer science, offering a unique opportunity to contribute and help shape the lab.
We are looking for a responsible, dedicated and highly motivated person possessing hands on experience with mass spectrometry-based proteomics. As a principal Mass Spectrometry Specialist of the Proteomics Core Facility you will be the backbone of our team!
- Plan and execute proteomics experiments for discovery, targeted, and quantitative proteomics.
- Develop and evaluate novel methods and workflows.
- Execute biomarker studies on cellular, human biofluid, and tissue samples.
- Prepare technical reports and present data at group meetings and /or discuss the results with CF users/clients.
- Maintain and troubleshoot MALDI- and LC-MS/MS systems.
- Contribute to scientific manuscripts and grant applications.
- MS or Ph.D. in Bioanalytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Protein Chemistry or equivalent.
- Hands-on experience with MALDI- and/or LC-MS/MS systems.
- Experience with Mass Spec data analysis and database search using standard proteomics software and computational tools for proteomics.
- Knowledge of protein biochemistry.
- Fluency in English (spoken and written).
- Will to travel and learn new techniques/methodologies.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Flexibility and team-driven attitude.
The complete text is available at the source document: http://www.fnusa-icrc.org/images/article_files/career/Senior_Facility_Specialist_call.pdf