The ELI (Extreme Light Infrastructure) Project is an integral part of the European plan to build the next generation of large research facilities. ELI-Beamlines as a cutting edge laser facility is currently being constructed in Dolní Břežany (on the border of Prague), Czech Republic; its commissioning is scheduled for the end of 2017. ELI will be delivering ultra-short, ultra-intense laser pulses lasting typically a few tens of femtoseconds (100 fs) with peak power projected to reach 10 PW. It will make available time synchronized laser beams over a wide range of intensities for multi-disciplinary applications in physics, medicine, biology, material science etc. The high laser electric field intensities of the laser pulse will be also used for generating secondary sources of e- and p+ and high-energy photons.
The research group R5 (Laser-Plasma Interaction, High-Energy Density Physics, Warm Dense Matter, Laboratory Astrophysics and High-Field Physics) is expanding and recruiting physicists in relevant fields for the design/development of the facility and for preparation of future experimental activities.
In our team we therefore have the following position available:
RESEARCHER (2 positions junior/senior)
Experiment, technology and engineering aspects of laser-plasma interaction in the context of highpower
The candidate is supposed to work predominantly on the following topics:
- Possible research topics are: high-field laser-matter interaction (10 PW), plasma optics, diagnostic developments
- Identification and preparation of first experiments for the P3 installation
- Participating or leading experiments on existing facilities in preparation for the high-field experiments at the Plasma Physics Platform (P3) in ELI-Beamlines
- Participation in the design and development of the P3 in ELI-Beamlines
- Contribute towards scientific documentation and procurement for P3
- A Ph.D. in applied physics or engineering physics in the field of laser-plasma interaction, or in a
closely related field
- Experience with high-power laser systems and/or plasma diagnostics would be an advantage
- Previous experience working on large-scale scientific infrastructures would be advantageous
- Fluent in English for speaking and writing; knowledge of another language, in particular Czech, is a plus although not mandatory
- Willingness to travel according to the requirements of the position
- Ability to work in a team as well as independently
- The opportunity to participate in this unique scientific project
- Career growth, professional education
- The salary will be in relation to experience in the field
- 5 weeks of holiday and other employee benefits
Applications, containing CV, cover letter, contacts of references, and any other material the candidate considers relevant, should be sent to Mrs. Jana Ženíšková, HR Specialist (email@example.com, +420601560322). Please include the following text in your cover letter, to allow us to process your personal details:
I agree that, according to the decree 101/2000 coll. (Czech Republic), my personal details sent to FZU AVCR, v.v.i., Na Slovance 2, 18221 Praha 8, Czech Republic can be used for the purpose of obtaining employment and management of database of employment candidates. This permission is given for the period of one year and can be at any time withdrawn by giving a notice in writing.