ELI (Extreme Light Infrastructure) is a multi-site European Research Infrastructure Consortium devoted to the scientific research using new generation lasers. ELI-Beamlines is one of the the sites and is currently being constructed in Dolní Břežany (just south of Prague, Czech Republic). The commissioning of the facility is just starting. ELI-Beamlines will deliver ultra-short (few tens of femtoseconds), ultra-intense laser pulses in an unprecedent combination of high intensity and repetition rate. It will make available a unique combination of synchronized beams from the primary lasers and secondary ionizing radiation sources for a wide range of interdisciplinary applications in physics, chemistry, medicine, biology and material science.
For our Monte Carlo simulation group, we are seeking a suitable candidate for a junior or senior position (depending on qualifications) as:
Applied physicist – Monte Carlo simulations
Responsibilities (including but not limited to):
- Characterization of radiation fields
- Design and optimization of beam dumps, shielding, etc.
- Software development for Monte Carlo simulations
- Close and active cooperation with experimental groups
- Close and active cooperation with collaborating Institutes
- Possible participation in radiation protection operational activities
- Relevant university degree or research experience in nuclear, particle, or radiation physics, or engineering (according to the position level: senior/junior)
- Good knowledge of FLUKA Monte Carlo transport code
- Analytical and computational skills
- Ability to work using revision control system
- Ability to proficiently work both independently and in a team
- Ability to present and document the work done
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken)
- Availability to travel as required by necessity
- Good knowledge of Linux/Unix OS
- Good knowledge of at least one high level software for physics (e.g. Fortran, C/C++, Python)
- Good knowledge of at least one scripting language
- Experience in radiation detectors and dosimetry
- Experience in radiation protection
- Good knowledge of other Monte Carlo transport codes (e.g. Geant4, MARS, MCNPX)
- Experience working in international environment
- The opportunity to participate in this unique scientific project
- Career growth, professional education
- 5 weeks of holidays
- Pleasant work environment
- Other benefits
Interviews will begin immediately and the position will stay open until filled.
Applications, containing CV, cover letter, contacts of references, and any other material the candidate considers relevant, should be sent to Mrs. Jana Ženíšková, HR specialist (firstname.lastname@example.org, +420 – 601560322). Please include the following text in your cover letter, to allow us to process your personal details:
I agree that, according to the decree 101/2000 coll. (Czech Republic), my personal details sent to FZU AV CR, v.v.i., Na Slovance 2, 18221 Praha 8, Czech Republic can be used for the purpose of obtaining employment and management of database of employment candidates. This permission is given for the period of one year and can be at any time withdrawn by giving a notice in writing.