The cardiovascular and lung function units are part of standardized phenotyping pipeline of the Czech Centre for Phenogenomics (CCP), the large research infrastructure hosted at the Institute of Molecular Genetics of the Czech Academy of Sciences. The CCP is involved in IMPC phenotyping effort and runs various research projects for wide spectrum of users.
The cardiovascular unit of the CCP provides services to assess cardiovascular function in mouse and rat models. To perform rapid and in-depth analysis of the mouse or rat heart and circulatory system in both normal and disease states, we employed several state-of-art instrumentation that allows for sensitive screening of phenotypic variations. The lung function unit focuses on understanding the role of both genetic, environmental and pharmacological factors on lung physiology, homeostasis and mechanics.
The main responsibilities of the Unit Head include but are not limited to:
- Supervision and consulting of projects and project proposals related to lung and cardiovascular system
- Designing and running of experiments using ultrasound, EKG and blood pressure monitoring stations and devices for lung mechanics parameters
- Optimization of procedures and development and establishment of new techniques, tests, challenges and SOPs
- Supervising of lab technicians and/or research assistants
- (Future) possibility to run own research projects or supervising of students
The successful candidate:
- holds a PhD in a biological or medical discipline
- has proven experience in cardiovascular or lung physiology (relevant publications are an asset)
- has hands-on experience with handling and working with rodents especially mice and rat
Previous experience with ultrasound imaging by Vevo system or with Scireq devices is considered advantageous.
Why join us?
- You will become part of an international team dedicated to the highest standards of pre-clinical and basic biological research that is involved in global scale research projects
- You will work with high-tech equipment in the state-of-the-art facility
- We offer you training and professional development in the field of physiology and lab animal research
- We offer stable work position with a competitive salary and wide spectrum of benefits provided by the Institute of Molecular Genetics and the Academy of Sciences
This is a full time position. For successful candidate we offer initial one-year contract with extension upon demonstrated proficiency. Starting date is negotiable.
The employer is the Institute of Molecular Genetics of the Czech Academy of Sciences. The workplace is the CCP building in BIOCEV campus in Vestec next to Prague, Czech Republic.
Applications consisting of motivation letter and CV or questions related to the position should be sent to email@example.com
For more details about the CCP please visit www.phenogenomics.cz