The International Clinical Research Center (ICRC) of St. Anne’s University Hospital in Brno, Czech Republic is a new-generation research center focusing on the pathogenesis of diseases including finding new methods, technologies and medicaments for effective prevention, early diagnostics and individualized treatment. As a top Central European research center with more than 300 researchers, new technologies and EU grant support, we focus on research and development mainly in the fields of cardiovascular and neurological diseases. In both areas we partner with world-class research centers and universities.
FNUSA-ICRC is the holder of the „HR Excellence in Research Award“ given by the European Commission to a research institute. This award is a mark of quality and a lasting commitment to developing and creating favorable conditions for employees in the institution in accordance with the European Charter for Researchers and the Code of Conduct for the recruitment of researchers.
The FNUSA-ICRC Stroke team is a young, dynamic, inter-disciplinary and international team, involved in multiple international research projects. We are now seeking a skilled candidate to join our institution within the IT group at FNUSA-ICRC. We are looking for a person interested in developing their IT soft and hard skills, willing to learn, and able to adapt quickly to a rapidly changing competitive research environment. You will collaborate with teams from countries across the globe.
Join our team and take the next step in your career with us!
Starting date: negotiable
Workload: 100 %
- Develop software solutions in multiple environments using various software stacks to meet the needs of ongoing research projects.
- Translate project requirements into practical, technical solutions to advance the team’s research goals.
- Participate in the design and planning of new and existing software development projects.
- Research and propose innovative software implementations to solve unique technical challenges.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of existing technical platforms.
- Participate in the planning of future upgrades and platform extensions.
- Interface with users and obtain technical requirements.
- Prepare technical and instructional documentation, as required.
- 3-5 years’ experience working in a software development role;
- Experience in web development (HTML, CSS, JS, JQuery, Bootstrap, Material), as well as Python/Django development are essential;
- Strong interest in acquiring software development skills in a variety of software stacks;
- Familiarity with Linux (Debian / Ubuntu) and ability to work with the command line for simple tasks;
- Willingness and desire to learn new technologies;
- Willingness to work as part of an international team, both with supervision and independently;
- English language fluency – spoken and written English will be used on a daily basis.
- Experience in multiple programming languages and multiple software stacks;
- Experience using Python pandas, numpy, scipy;
- Experience in scripting, e.g. Bash, Lua;
- Experience working in a medical / research environment;
- Interest in stroke / medical imaging research;
- Interest in contributing to open source software;
- Knowledge of Czech;
- Knowledge of additional languages, especially Ukrainian, Polish, or Russian.
What do we offer?
- Full-time (100 % FTE) position until the end of 2021, with the possibility of further extension;
- Pleasant and modern working environment, located in the center of Brno;
- The opportunity to participate in progressive stroke research in an international team with an excellent reputation;
- Involvement in international projects;
- Self-actualization and education in the field of research projects;
- Introductory training in cerebrovascular research and its projects;
- 5 weeks of vacation.
The candidates are invited to send their CV and cover letter in English language to email email@example.com. In addition, candidates are encouraged to include links to any relevant projects they have worked on, their public github projects, or samples of work that demonstrate relevant software development experience.
We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, ethnicity, disability, national origin, nationality, political opinion or any other aspect unrelated to work.