About DIANA Biotechnologies
We are the most successful czech biotechnology startup and we are just getting global. We started 2018 and since then we initiated successful research and development in human molecular diagnostics, original small molecule drug discovery and monoclonal antibodies. We already have product on the diagnostics market and we were the most important developer and manufacturer of COVID-19 PCR tests in the Czech Republic – we brought the most sensitive and patient friendly saliva tests on the market and tripled czech testing capacity, and lowered the cost of the tests at the same time. We continue our mission to provide own products in diverse biotech areas as well as developing our own original medical drugs.
Even though we are a young and flexible company, we already grew to 100 employees. Our courage and healthy financial background give us the ability to run long term and ambitious projects with global impact. If you join us, you will be part of the creation of a unique biotech company which is the first of its kind in Central Europe.
We are strengthening the team in our recently formed oligonucleotide synthesis department, and we are thus looking for a Senior Specialist in Oligonucleotide chemistry.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Optimization of protocols for synthetizing oligonucleotides with various modifications on an commercial automated instrument.
- Broadening the range of modifications (building blocks) we are able to incorporate.
- You will do research (introducing new modifications), development (optimizing protocols), but you will also run routine production of oligonucleotides for internal purposes.
- All in cooperation with the Head of Chemistry and with the Analytical specialist.
- Leading the oligonucleotide synthesis lab (now supervising the analytical specialist).
Who are we looking for?
- Finished Master or PhD degree in organic chemistry or related fields.
- At least several years of relevant experience needed (time of PhD studies is counted).
- Experience in solid phase oligonucleotide synthesis highly desirable.
- Experience in purification methods such as HPLC or GPC.
- Experience with anhydrous conditions reactions required.
- Knowledge of LC-MS analysis desirable.
- Self motivated professional with positive attitude and team spirit, willing to work in multiple roles (working both as a researcher as well as a production specialist).
What do we offer?
- Friendly and supportive environment
- Diverse work in a dynamic and unique biotech company
- Perspective of a long term contract in a successful company
- Participation on the creation of unique inventions and products
- Support of further education, courses, trainings, thorough onboarding process
- Opportunity to join the company at an early stage and participating on its growth
- Competitive salary and possibility of personal growth
- Various benefits, including five weeks paid vacation, sick days, MultiSport, pension contribution and regular company events
- Full time employer contract with the place of work in Prague.
If you are interested, we are looking forward receiving your CV and a motivation letter: email@example.com.