The research, which is a part of an overall program, will be focused mainly on development of new methods for detection and computation of exact projective equivalences for finite sets of points (solutions of polynomial systems) and for further special algebraic varieties (mainly surfaces in 3-space), and of approximate equivalences and symmetries of perturbed objects. Possible extensions where one of the input objects is given by the implicit description and the second one by a parameterization will be also considered. An interesting closely connected task (possibly simplifying further considerations) is to recognize a type of given algebraic varieties which are described by their implicit representation f(x) = 0 for an irreducible polynomial defined over some subfield K of R, typically Q or its algebraic extensions – exactly or with perturbed coefficients.
Selected researchers will strengthen an existing top-quality research team of the University of West Bohemia in Pilsen. Their main tasks will be to engage in the activities of the team of experts under the guidance of a mentor and to fulfill tasks specified by the R&D activity plan. Their own scientific work will include publication of R&D results in prestigious impact journals, participation in major conferences, obtaining applied results, involvement in national and international research projects, and organization of the professional life at the workplace (seminars, conferences).
The mentor of the position is prof. RNDr. Miroslav Lávička, Ph.D.
Recognised Researcher (R2), Established Researcher (R3)
Applied Geometry / Geometric Modelling
– A properly completed Doctoral Study Programme at university or higher education institution in the Czech Republic or a properly completed similar Study Programme abroad recognized in accordance with Act No. 111/1998 Coll., on Higher Education Institutions and on the Amendment and Supplementation of Other Acts (Higher Education Act), as amended, with the study completion date after 1st March 2015.
– The candidate for the position must be a researcher from abroad, i.e. a researcher who has worked outside the Czech Republic for at least two years during the prior three years in the field of research, including at least half work load, or has been a Ph.D. (or similar forms) student abroad; citizens of the Czech Republic are not excluded.
– The candidate must provide at least 2 publication outputs over the last 3 years2.
– Good knowledge of English (at least at the CAE level or its equivalent).
– Experience with research on the research topic of the specialist team.
IMPORTANT AND USEFUL INFORMATION
– Number of positions available: 1
– Employment will be arranged for: a fixed period (6 months)
– Job status: full-time
– Hours per week: 40
– Gross monthly income: 68.000 CZK
– Expected commencement of employment: 1. 3. 2022
REQUIRED FORM OF THE APPLICANT’S APPLICATION
– Structured curriculum vitae, relevant supporting documents proving the Applicant’s activity outside the territory of the Czech Republic to the extent corresponding to the qualification requirements.
– A copy of the documents proving achieved education (Ph.D. diploma or its equivalent).
– Copies of documents proving the achieved level of the English language (CAE level or its equivalent).
– Full bibliographic data of articles published in impacted journals (please provide, in particular, articles relating to the orientation of the working position, including the impact factor of the journal at the time of their publication).
– Complete bibliographic data of works published in proceedings of significant (referred to in WoS or SCOPUS) international conferences relating to the focus of the activity at the listed position.
– Overview of research teams (especially international) with whom the Applicant has worked so far, including the projects in which the Applicant was involved.
APPLICATION DEADLINE – 15. 12. 2021
APPLICATIONS ARE TO BE SENT TO – Mgr. David Fronk
E-MAIL – email@example.com
PHONE – +420377631036
All received applications will be assessed by an expert committee. The committee will issue the final ranking of the applications.
This position can be held only by a candidate working at full time job for the period 6 months.
The job is funded through European Structural and Investment Funds (ESIF).
PROJECT NAME – Mobility Západočeské univerzity v Plzni
PROJECT NUMBER – CZ.02.2.69/0.0/0.0/18_053/0016927