The School of Media & IT at Prague City University invites applications for the Programme Leader position for the BSc (Hons) Computing programme to begin in September 2023.
The Programme Leader will be expected to act as a representative and liaison for The BSc (Hons) Computing programme, the School of Media & IT, and the university as a whole, support student achievement, and develop all aspects of the programme, lead programme faculty, and coordinate with the Dean on all matters related to the programme.
Applicants will have experience researching and lecturing at university level and may also have professional work experience. Ideally, the candidate would be an Associate Professor. The preferred candidate will be flexible enough to be able to teach across a range of modules, be team oriented, and committed to advancing the programme. Applicants should be passionate about preparing a new generation of specialists for careers in IT, should demonstrate knowledge and be able to teach at a high level in one of the areas of computing on offer and continuously improve her or his teaching skills. She or he will be able to work with colleagues to develop the programme and manage a group of dedicated professionals. The ideal candidate is a person who can work at a professional level with a wide range of people with diverse backgrounds.
As the programme is run and delivered in English, all applicants should be fluent in English, preferably with experience working in an English-speaking or international environment.
Required Education: PhD in computing / IT
EU Researcher Profile: Researcher 3 is desirable however a solid 2 is also possible
- Track record of teaching within computing at the university level
- Research active within a field of computing / IT
- Ability to lead a programme and develop a vision for the programme
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem seeking and solving mindset
- Excellent written and spoken English
- A competitive salary
- Dedicated research time
- Work with an excellent team dedicated to a student-centered approach to education in a rich, diverse and international environment.
- Academics career development and growth, through participation in conferences, staff mobility training, and research projects, for example.
- 6 weeks paid vacation a year
- Flexible work hours with possibility of home office
A completed application will include:
- a letter of interest highlighting teaching, and scholarly experience as well as any leadership/management experience
- a curriculum vitae, including research activities and relevant publications
- the names, addresses, phone numbers and email addresses of two referees
Digital submissions can be made by emailing the following address:
email@example.com, subject: Programme Leader in Computing
Prague City University is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The university does not discriminate in access to its educational programs and activities, or with respect to hiring or the terms and conditions of employment, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity and expression, political affiliation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or sexual orientation.
Finalists will be required to furnish official transcripts of terminal degree.