We are looking for a highly competent and self-motivated research scientist in the area of mass spectrometry-based structural proteomics to run projects in our core facility lab as a collaborative support for the diverse life-science research projects at the Institute of Organic Chemistry and Biochemistry of the CAS (IOCB Prague) in Prague, Czech Republic. The expected starting date for the appointment is December 1, 2018.
- Development and application of methods for characterizing structure of proteins and their interactions (H-D exchange, chemical crosslinking, native MS etc.)
- Collaborative and service support for the research projects at IOCB (see here for details)
- Operation and maintenance of mass spectrometers (mainly Orbitrap, TripleTOF, Synapt G2)
- Ph.D. in science
- Substantial knowledge and working experience with advanced mass spectrometry technologies (Orbitrap, Q-TOF, TOF/TOF) and chromatography
- Know-how in mass spectrometry-based structural proteomics (e.g. H-D exchange, chemical crosslinking, native MS etc.)
- Knowledge and experience in data processing and evaluation
- Ability to effectively interact with research and technical staff in a team-oriented manner, ability to suggest and discuss experimental strategies with life-science research groups
- Highly motivated, result-focused, and organized person
- A dynamic and international state-of-the-art working environment in one of the birthplaces of modern antiretrovirals, set in a vibrant and modern metropolitan capital
- Competitive salary commensurate to skills and experience
- Fixed-term contract for 2 year with possibility of renewal
For further information please contact the Head of Mass Spectrometry Dr. Josef Cvačka directly by e-mail at email@example.com. To apply, please send your CV, list of publications, motivation letter and contact details for 3 scientific references to the same address.
Closing date for the applications is September 30, 2018