Charles University, Faculty of Pharmacy in Hradec Králové, represented by the Dean of the Faculty, announces an open competition
for the project Efficiency and Safety Improvement of Current Drugs and Nutraceuticals: Advanced Methods – New Challenges (EFSA–CDN); Project registration number: CZ.02.1.01/0.0/0.0/16_019/0000841; within the Operation Program Research, Development and Education (OP RDE), PA 1, IP 1, SO 1; OP RDE call: No. 02_16_019 Excellent Research; to fill researcher position:
VP1_15: Postdoc researcher, FTE 1.0 FTE (100 %)
Within research programme Biological Sciences in the Pharmaceutical Research and Development of Drugs and Nutraceuticals (RP1).
- Experimental work in a lab (experience with both in vivo and in vitro experiments), study of transport proteins and biotransformation enzymes in vitro in vivo, ADME, drug-drug interactions,
- statistical data evaluation, planning experiments, working with data,
- presentations and publishing of the results,
- cooperation within national and international scientists,
- cooperation in the preparation of national and international projects,
- working on key activities of the project.
- Ph.D. in pharmacology, toxicology, biochemistry, physiology or related fields,
- strong desire to pursue a career as an independent researcher,
- experience in biomedical research documented by strong publication record,
- high motivation, great diligence, thoroughness, and responsibility,
- good verbal and written communication skills in English,
- ability to work independently in a team,
- expertise in in vitro and in vivo techniques (molecular and cellular biology, animal/human placenta models),
- experience with imaging methods (fluorescence/confocal microscopy) is welcome,
- applicants h-index ≥3,
- 2 letters of recommendation from recognized experts in their research field (at least 1 from foreign institution).
Applies to all applicants:
Other knowledge and skills:
- prerequisites for research work (patience, persistence, and passion towards long-term goals in research),
- flexibility, great diligence, thoroughness, and responsibility,
- good organizational and communication skills,
- ability to work both independently and in a team,
- high motivation and hardworking,
- strong willingness to learn new things continuously.
Application must include the following:
- first and last name of the applicant,
- date and place of birth,
- place of residence/current address,
- date and signature,
- contact information (email address, phone number).
Candidates are expected to submit following annexes with an application:
- CV including the list of publications, professional skills, and past research experience,
- professional application letter,
- 2 letter of recommendation from recognized experts in their research field (at least one from abroad),
- certified copy of a diploma (Ph.D. degree),
- other documents certifying required knowledge and expertise,
- consent to use personal information provided for the purposes of the tender within the meaning of the Act no. 101/2000 Coll., on Personal Data Protection, as amended.
The application form and agreement including an acknowledgement about providing personal data are available for download below on this page.
Labour Code (Law No. 262/2006 Coll.) and internal salary structure and regulations of Charles University specify the salary conditions.
The start of work: 1 May 2018 (can be negotiated).
Place of work: Hradec Králové.
Type of employment contract: for a fixed period (1 year) with the possibility of extension for the entire duration of the project, i.e. to 31 December 2022.
Full time job (1.0 FTE).
- highly competitive salary,
- interesting work in an expert team under the leadership of an internationally renowned specialists,
- collaboration with foreign experts from Europe, USA, and Australia,
- specialized professional development and continuous education in a field with perspective of long-term employment,
- foreign scientific internships and participation in international conferences,
- flexible working hours,
- at least 5 weeks paid vacation,
- catering allowance and other benefits,
- FAFÍK – a day nursery that provide care for the employees´ children; the pre-school fees are partly covered by EU grant.
We kindly ask you to send the applications with all the required paperwork by mail or hand-delivered no later than 12:00 pm on 25th of April 2018 at the following address:
Charles University, Faculty of Pharmacy in Hradec Králové
Zuzana Hemerková, DiS. – Personnel Department
Akademika Heyrovského 1203
500 05 Hradec Králové 5
Please, clearly mark the envelope “Job Announcement – EFSA-CDN Project – postdoc position VP1_15”.
We kindly ask you to send your application with all the required requisites and attachments because without them your application is incomplete and you cannot be included in the list of candidates.
The announcer reserves the right to cancel the job announcement at any time during the course.
Contact person for providing further information concerning the work content:
prof. PharmDr. Petr Pávek, Ph.D. – Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology
Phone: +420 495 067 334
This project NO. CZ.02.1.01/0.0/0.0/16_019/0000841:
Efficiency and safety improvement of current drugs and nutraceuticals: advanced methods – new challenges (EFSA–CDN)
is co-funded by the European Union.