The Dean of the Faculty of Informatics MU invites applications for a position of either Assistant Professor (preferred) or Lecturer in Information Technology, with the Department of Computer Systems and Communications.
- Involvement in teaching in the Information Technology (IT) area at the Master level.
- Supervision of Master theses and consultancy or co-supervision of PhDs.
- Involvement in expanding industrial cooperation in the IT area.
- Active international cooperation, in both research and education.
- PhD in Informatics or related discipline.
- Languages – fluent English (both spoken and written), other language(s) welcome.
- Existing track record in both education and research in the IT area.
- Expert knowledge in at least one of the areas covered by courses
- Dynamic, flexible personality, able to work well in interdisciplinary teams.
- Capabilities in project and knowledge management, interests in fundamental and applied development in the ITSec area.
- Experience from other countries than Czech & Slovak Republics (at least half a year).
- Experience with research project team leadership is an advantage.
Applicants should submit:
- degree documents;
- summary of work experience, publication and teaching activities and involvement in research grants;
- cover letter explaining your interest in the position and the IT area;
- title and abstract of a lecture that can be presented as a part of the application process;
- names and contacts of three professional and language referees.
Applications should be submitted through the university job application system at https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/careers/vacancies/39469.
Any queries re. the submission shall be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Queries re. the position as such can be addressed to Prof. Vashek Matyas: email@example.com