We are looking for a highly motivated colleague with a technical understanding of molecular biology and biochemistry or chemistry. We are a company that creates globally unique technologies. We are working with patent offices in Europe and the US, but we are rapidly growing and also developing new breakthrough technologies, so we are planning to establish an in-house patent department. That’s why we are looking for an intellectual property specialist – patent specialist.
If you are an experienced patent attorney with the interest and ability to understand the technical substance of inventions and/or if you are a talented scientist with a demonstrated interest in patent law, you are the ideal candidate for us.
What is unique about this opportunity?
- Work in a biotech company with world-class research and strong potential.
- Work on invention protection in various fields: molecular diagnostic methods (especially PCR), molecular biology methods, development of new proteins, antibody development and their applications, in the near future original small molecule drugs and many more.
- Cooperation with the best law firms focused on intellectual property protection in biotechnology (Czech, European and American).
- Opportunity for personal and professional growth.
What will be your responsibilities?
- You’ll be at the heart of the patent process: communicating with scientists and developers to formulate the substance of inventions and preparing applications in collaboration with external law firms.
- You’ll draft patent claims and full applications and help shape the strategy for protecting key inventions through broader patent families, ensuring continuity between applications.
- You will also be able to draw on the help of external attorneys, but your added value will be your deep understanding of our inventions and your long-term focus on our projects.
- You will also be actively involved in the development process: you will do patentability and freedom-to-operate analysis and consult the results with scientists to ensure the right direction of development.
- You will manage patent families, including the administration of fee payments.
- You will co-write internal guidelines for inventions.
What are the key qualifications?
- University degree in natural sciences.
- Strong motivation, positive attitude and interest in pursuing patent law for the long term.
- Ability to understand the technical details of our biotechnology inventions is a must.
- Experience as a patent specialist and/or patent attorney, either in a research company or a law firm, is a great advantage.
- At least a basic knowledge of patent prosecution and patent application drafting is a must.
- Ability to search for patents, study literature and legislation and learn independently.
- Attention to detail and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work with an interdisciplinary team.
- Good written and oral communication skills in English.
What is of advantage but is not a must?
- General knowledge of relevant intellectual property legislation and the processes of preparing and amending patent applications and experience in patentability examination.
- Authorization to act as a Czech or European patent attorney or similar experience or completion of courses in the field of industrial property organized by the USPTO, EPO or other authority.
What do we offer?
- A stimulating job in a dynamic and unique biotech company with global ambitions.
- A friendly work team motivated by improving the lives of people through development of new drugs and diagnostics.
- The prospect of long-term contract in the background of a successful company.
- Competitive salary reflecting your seniority and the opportunity for career growth.
- Active sharing of know-how within the company, development of knowledge and skills.
- Various employee benefits: meal vouchers, sick days, 5 weeks of holiday, pension contribution, Multisport card, refreshments and excellent coffee at the workplace, teambuildings and many more!
- Full-time, permanent employment. Possibility of part-time or partial work from home.
We are the most successful czech biotechnology startup and we are just getting global. We started 2018 and since then we initiated successful research and development in human molecular diagnostics, original small molecule drug discovery and monoclonal antibodies. We already have product on the diagnostics market and we were the most important developer and manufacturer of COVID-19 PCR tests in the Czech Republic – we brought the most sensitive and patient friendly saliva tests on the market and tripled czech testing capacity, and lowered the cost of the tests at the same time. We continue our mission to provide own products in diverse biotech areas as well as developing our own original medical drugs.
Even though we are a young and flexible company, we already grew to 100 employees. Our courage and healthy financial background give us the ability to run long term and ambitious projects with global impact. If you join us, you will be part of the creation of a unique biotech company which is the first of its kind in Central Europe.
If you are interested, we look forward to receiving your cover letter (describe your experience, ambitions and skills you can contribute, and explain why you want to work for us in this particular position) and CV.
Please submit your application via the form on our careers page.