We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced researcher to join our team as a Junior Researcher in Protein Facility.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Design and optimize protein expression systems, including vector design and selection of expression host with respect to expected properties of target protein.
- Optimize constructs for protein production through standard molecular biology and biochemistry procedures: e.g., targeted mutagenesis, PCR and DNA cloning.
- Provide scientific insight to overcome issues (ex: solubility, purity, heterogeneity, yield).
- Collaborate with other scientists to identify new research opportunities.
- Maintain accurate records and prepare reports of experimental results.
- Keep up-to-date with the latest research and developments in protein expression and purification.
Who are we looking for?
- PhD in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, or related field.
- Experience in heterologous protein expression in eukaryotic systems.
- Understanding of protein purification principles and hands on experience of protein expression, purification, and protein analytical techniques.
- Knowledge of the AKTA chromatographic system an advantage.
- Experience with biophysical methods (ITC, SPR, DSF, MST, CD, SAXS, MASS SPEC, enzyme kinetics) to characterize protein properties an advantage.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Team player who can foster a team-based approach to research.
- Good record keeping and able to efficiently manage several projects simultaneously in a dynamic environment.
What do we offer?
- Opportunity to work on interesting and meaningful projects including novel concepts diagnostics and drug discovery in a young and dynamic biotech company with world-class research and a strong future growth.
- A professional, yet friendly and supportive work environment.
- Large potential for personal and professional growth.
- Support for further education, courses, and trainings thorough an onboarding process.
- Competitive salary, full-time employment contract with the place of work in Vestec near Prague.
- Various employee benefits: 5 weeks paid vacation, meal voucher allowance, sick days, pension contribution, Multisport card, refreshments and excellent coffee at the workplace, teambuildings and many more!
If you are interested, please attach a cover letter (describe your experience, ambitions and skills you can contribute, and explain why you want to work for us in this particular position) and a CV (including a list of scientific publications if applicable).
Please submit your application via the form on our careers page.