About DIANA Biotechnologies
We are leading Czech biotechnology company with a great innovative potential. We focus on the development of products based on our cutting edge research in the fields of molecular diagnostics and drug discovery. We have global ambitions and since our foundation in 2018 we already have achieved some of our goals. During COVID-19 pandemics, we were able to quickly develop one of the most innovative COVID-19 tests worldwide and we helped to increase the testing capacity of the whole country. As a result, we became the biggest Czech manufacturer of RT-PCR tests. Besides RT-PCR, we continue to focus on projects aiming to develop new molecular diagnostics, monoclonal antibodies and new drug candidates. This is possible thanks to our multidisciplinary team motivated to advance diagnostics and drug discovery.
We are a young and dynamic company being built by friendly and highly skilled colleagues, but at the same time we have already grown to a mid-sized company of about 100 employees and we have the ability to run long term and ambitious projects. If you join us, you will be part of the creation of a unique biotech company which is the first of its kind in the Czech Republic.
We are looking for an IP Specialist to facilitate the protection of our intellectual property.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Communicating with external law firms (Czech, European and US based).
- Maintaining the patent families submitted by the company including payments of fees.
- Drafting and amending patent applications and the ability to assess the validity of a patent, all in the cooperation with external patent attorneys (US based), communication with the patent offices is done by the external patent attorneys.
- Facilitating the patent application drafting by communicating with lawyers on one side and scientists on the other side and helping scientists to define the claims and inventive steps.
- Review of patents relevant to our inventions and assessment of novelty of our inventions.
- Helping scientists with patent searches and patent reviews, freedom to operate analyses.
Who are we looking for?
- Self motivated professional with positive attitude and team spirit.
- You should have general knowledge of relevant IP laws and of the processes of drafting and amending patent applications and the ability to assess the validity of a patent.
- Formal law school degree or passing law legal exams not necessary.
- Passing the European qualifying examination at EPO or passing the 2-year course at the IPO CZ („ÚPV kurz specialisty v oboru průmyslového vlastnictví“) is of advantage.
- You have a finished PhD or masters degree or equivalent education in biochemistry, molecular biology, pharmacology, chemistry or related fields.
- Technical understanding the inventions is more important than the knowledge of the law.
- You should be able to review literature and legislation and learn independently.
- You should work in highly organized matter and with attention to details.
- You should be proficient in both written and spoken English.
What do we offer?
- Friendly and supportive environment.
- Diverse work in a dynamic and unique biotech company.
- Perspective of a long term contract in a successful company.
- Participation on the creation of unique inventions and products.
- Support of further education, courses, trainings, thorough onboarding process.
- Opportunity to join the company at an early stage enabling your career development.
- Competitive salary and possibility of personal growth.
- Various benefits, including five weeks paid vacation, sick days, pension contribution and regular company events.
- Part time or full time employer contract.
If you are interested, we are looking forward receiving your CV and a motivation letter: email@example.com.