IT4Innovations National Supercomputing Centre is a leading research, development, and innovation centre active in the fields of High-Performance Computing (HPC), Data Analytics (HPDA), and Artificial Intelligence (AI) and their applications. We have strong international links and employ more than 150 scientific, technical and administrative staff. At present, IT4Innovations is running three supercomputers: Karolina (15.7 PFlop/s, installed in the summer of 2021), Barbora (849 TFlop/s, installed in the autumn of 2019), and the specialised NVIDIA DGX-2 system for artificial intelligence computation, (130 TFlop/s and 2 PFlop/s in AI, installed in the spring of 2019). For more, see www.it4i.cz.
To the Laboratory for infrastructure research dealing with the development of parallel applications, acceleration of applications using GPU accelerators or analysis and optimization of applications in terms of performance and electricity consumption, we are looking for the position:
Innovation Technology Developer – GPU accelerated application development
The selected candidate will focus on one of the following areas:
- acceleration of computationally intensive applications, or their parts, using GPU accelerators,
- porting applications to new architectures of GPU accelerators.
Part of the position is to work in a modern HPC environment with access to top computing hardware and software technologies. Thanks to involvement in international projects financed by European Commission programs, the candidate has the opportunity to cooperate with experts from various scientific fields from the countries of the European Union. Working on international projects also opens the candidate to short-term work trips or long-term international internships at top universities or supercomputing centers around the world.
If interested, the candidate can also engage in research and publication activities, including the presentation of results at international conferences. We also offer the possibility of doctoral studies in the field of HPC with a topic close to the job description.
- knowledge of application development in CUDA, the advantage is OpenCL, OpenACC, and OpenMP for accelerators,
- knowledge of application development in C/C++, knowledge of the Fortran language is an advantage,
- experience with Linux operating systems and work in bash is an advantage,
- university education in IT or a related field, min. required degree Bc. at the time of recruitment,
- practice min. 1 year,
- willingness to further education,
- active knowledge of the English language.
- payment based on the candidate’s experiences, the minimum starting salary of CZK 45 000,
- the main employment relationship,
- the possibility of further education through organized trainings, participation in international conferences, workshops and internships,
- 6 weeks of holidays,
- flexible working hours and the possibility of working from home,
- the possibility of company catering,
- modern working environment.
Commencement of Employment: as agreed.
Type of Employment:
- full-time employment,
- fixed-term employment.
The application form substantiated with a letter of motivation and CV should be sent electronically by 28th March 2023 to the email address firstname.lastname@example.org. As for the subject of the email message, please indicate “Open Call for the position of the Innovation technology developer”.