The J. Heyrovský Institute of Physical Chemistry of Czech Academy of Sciences invites applications for
Core scientist in the Department of Nanocatalysis
The offered position is a part of research team at the newly established Department of Nanocatalysis, which will focus on catalysis by atomic clusters. The candidate is expected to be involved in all stages of research including design of experimental equipment, experimental work, analysis and interpretation of data, and publication of results. The applicant will develop instrumentation for the synthesis of metallic and oxide clusters in the gas phase and for the deposition of clusters on substrates. We welcome candidates who have extended experience with the design and construction of vacuum equipment for studies of ionic gas phase species (atoms, molecules or clusters), and who are proficient in method development and programming.
Start of the position: 1st of January, 2019
Duration of the job: up to 54 months
Contract type: full-time position
- PhD degree in physics, chemistry, or a related field;
- Good written and oral communication skills in English.
- R3 – Established Researcher
- Experienced in the mass spectrometry and guiding of charged species;
- Skilled in the design and construction of custom ultra-high vacuum scientific equipment for the studies of ions;
- Skilled in software development for instrument control, data acquisition and data analysis;
- Skilled in control electronics, data analysis and interpretation;
- A good scientific publication record;
- At least five years of postdoctoral experience.
– 25 days paid leave of absence (holidays) per year
– Lunch vouchers
– 3 days of paid sick-leave in addition to the statutory insurance
– Subsidy for sport and cultural activities
– Flexible working conditions
Required from the candidate:
Cover Letter, CV, copies of diplomas, brief summary of previous research activities, complete list of publications, at least 2 letters of reference emailed by the peers directly to the contact listed below.
The application with the required documents must be sent via e-mail to RNDr. Jan Hrušák CSc.(coordinator of the project), email:jan.hrusakjh-inst.cas.cz
Application deadline:31th October 2018, 24:00 CET time