The Stroke Research Program of FNUSA-ICRC is a young, dynamic, inter-disciplinary and international team, involved in multiple international research projects. We are now seeking a skilled candidate interested in taking an active leadership role in a global stroke registry project. You will be responsible for providing both project management and strategic direction for an ongoing health care quality registry which is active in more than 60 countries and used by >1300 hospitals, as well as contributing to global quality improvement initiatives in stroke care. You will have the opportunity to work with leading stroke researchers and clinicians from around the world, and to participate in international projects aimed at improving outcomes for stroke patients.
This position can be offered as a shared position with affiliation to both University Hospital and Faculty of Informatics, Masaryk University in case the candidate has IT background.
Join our team and take the next step in your career with us!
Starting date: negotiable. Workload: 100 %
- Participate in the planning and management of an international registry for monitoring stroke care quality in hospitals, which is endorsed by both the European Stroke Organisation, and the World Stroke Organization
- Work with stroke researchers and clinicians to improve data capture and data completeness/quality, documentation of registry processes, policies and data dictionary, and to provide more actionable analysis for supporting quality improvement initiatives.
- Act as the first point of contact for all registry communications, and work closely with the Stroke research group director, and technical team lead to implement improvements to the registry.
- Provide scientific expertise and leadership in registry design, data management, analytics, and reporting of the results in publications to improve the use, acceptance and dissemination of summarized registry data.
- Create and participate in international projects and partnerships to improve data sharing with other clinical registries.
- Prepare budgets and manage the resource requirements needed to support registry operations, and participate in the preparation of grant proposals to secure ongoing project funding.
- 5-10 years of experience working in a project management, health care management or a clinical research role with excellent communication and writing skills.
- At least 5years experience in a research management role.
- PhD in epidemiology, biostatistics, public health, medicine, health science, informatics or related field is very welcome, or a comparable level of post-graduate experience working in a research setting.
- Understanding of relevant data protection and patient privacy regulations, including GDPR.
- Experience working with clinical data capture platforms and/or working with software development teams.
- Experience in managing international projects, with stakeholders from academia, industry, and government.
- Experience in preparing grant proposals to support research projects is an advantage.
- English language fluency – spoken and written English will be used on a daily basis.
Desirable – some of the following is welcome:
- Experience in health care quality management, medicine, health care/sciences, data management, registry management or e-health;
- Experience in user training, and conducting academic lectures and seminars.
- Experience in software development, especially medical software for clinical data capture or medical imaging is a plus;
- Experience with Artificial Intelligence or Machine learning algorithms;
- Ability to write both academic publications, as well as instructional and promotional materials.
- Knowledge of additional languages is a plus.
What do we offer:
- Full-time (1.0 FTE) position at Research Center at University Hospital;
- Possibility of affiliation to Faculty of Informatics Masaryk University (0.1 FTE) with access to academic IT community;
- Pleasant and modern working environment, located in the center of Brno;
- The opportunity to participate in progressive stroke research in an international team with an excellent reputation;
- Involvement in international projects with immediate positive impact on patients;
- The opportunity to participate in development of e-health university research group;
- Professional development opportunities and education in the field of research projects;
- Introductory training in cerebrovascular research and its projects;
- 5 weeks of vacation per annum.
The candidates are invited to send their CV and cover letter in English language to email email@example.com. In addition, candidates are encouraged to include links to any relevant projects they have worked on, their public github projects, or samples of work that demonstrate relevant software development experience. References from previous jobs are required.
We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to age, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, ethnicity, disability, national origin, nationality, political opinion or any other aspect unrelated to work.