RECETOX, the research centre at the Masaryk University in Brno, Czech Republic, is focused on the research and education in cross-cutting area of Environment and Health, namely interactions among chemicals, the environment, and biological systems, including environmental and health risk assessments, more about us at www.recetox.muni.cz
We invite applications for a Ph.D. position in Environmental Health Sciences Ecotoxicology to work in the group of Cell and Tissue Toxicology led by Assoc. Prof. Pavel Babica secantox.weebly.com.
Image-based phenotypic screening in toxicology
The Ph.D. project will focus on (1) the development of techniques and protocols for image-based microscopy assays (traditional or 3D in vitro cell and tissue models), robotized workflows and automated quantitative image analysis of toxicologically/pharmacologically relevant cellular and tissue events. (2) These assays will be used for assessment of chemical effects (hazardous environmental contaminants, new bioactive compounds of pharmacological interest) and their links to apical adverse or disease-related outcomes.
RECETOX Ph.D. student position offers
- 4-year Ph.D. programme with financial support for 4 years
- Interdisciplinary scientific topics
- Supervision by experienced mentors and excellent scientists and tailored study plan
- Excellent and state-of-the-art research infrastructure
- International mobility and internships
- International and friendly environment
- Courses developing transferable skills
- Complete MSc. or equivalent degree in biomedical, toxicological, pharmaceutical or life sciences (or related fields)
- Solid background and experience in microscopic imaging, in vitro cell cultures and molecular biology, is an advantage
- Ability to work independently but as a team member
- Good knowledge of English, both oral and written
Discussion about the research topic with supervisor is mandatory before the formal application – contact directly the supervisor Dr. Iva Sovadinova, firstname.lastname@example.org, prior April 15, 2019.
(i) curriculum vitae, (ii) motivation letter, (iii) contacts of two persons who might provide references.
Formal application to Ph.D. studies at Masaryk University will then require further documentation and formalities from the candidates and will be processed through an electronic application system. More information and link for application are available at www.recetox.muni.cz/phd-positions.
Anticipated starting date: fall 2019 or to be agreed
Further information about