Mendel University in Brno announces a selection procedure for the academic position of:
Academic staff member – Assistant for Department of Planting Design and Maintenance
Department of Planting Design and Maintenance in its pedagogical, research, artistic and creative activities is focused on the issues of establishment, maintenance, management, evaluation and protection of greenery objects in settlements and in the countryside. Applied research in the field of restoration of monuments of garden and landscape architecture and introduction of new field technologies is also important.
More at: www.zf.mendelu.cz
- plant use in landscape architecture and related specialization
What will you do?
- leading exercises and selected lectures in the courses Floriculture, Interior Floriculture (focused on
- assortments of flowers and their important characteristics important for application in landscape architecture) and Use of plants, especially herbs
- organisation of one-day practices in the campus of Faculty of Horticulture in Lednice
- preparation of online materials for teaching students in the above subjects
- active search, preparation and solution of grant projects and cooperation on existing projects
- publication of results in scientific journals and presentation at national and international conferences
What do we require from you?
- completed Mgr. degree in landscape architecture or horticultural engineering
- teaching in the Czech language and knowledge of English at A2 or B1 level
- knowledge of a range of flowers, especially outdoor flowers
- very good level of spoken and written expression
- knowledge of a range of mainly outdoor flowers
- ability to work independently and in a team in a constructive and responsible manner
- positive attitude towards young people, ability to enthuse them for professional tasks
- ability to solve problems successfully and proactively
- good PC skills (MS Office, Internet)
- civil integrity
What else do we appreciate?
- started Ph.D. study in the field of landscape architecture is an advantage
- knowledge of the university environment
- professional experience in the use of flowers in landscape architecture
- knowledge of another foreign language
What can we offer you?
- possibility of participation in scientific activities of the department, participation in conferences, seminars, foreign cooperation, etc.
- career development and educational activities
- 8 weeks of vacation
- support for work-life balance
- flexible working hours and working in a friendly team at the Deparment
- benefits of the university environment, such as sports courses at the Sports Activities Centre, the Counselling and Careers Centre or the library
- discounted MultiSport card
- meal allowance (Ticket Restaurant Card/menza)
- employer’s contribution to pension or life insurance after 3 years of employment
- work in an institution that has been awarded the HR Excellence in Research Award by the European Commission
Expected start: May 2023, parental leave replacement
Place of work: Faculty of Horticulture in Lednice
Job status: 0,5
Number of positions to filled: 2
Are you interested in the position and would you like to become a member of the Department of the Planting Design and Maintenance?
Send an electronic application by 22th February 2023, supported by:
- professional CV
- cover letter
- list of publications
Contact person: Ing. Miroslava Viktorinová
How do the selection procedure work for us? https://orlz.mendelu.cz/en/selection-procedure