Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic invites excellent scientists to apply for a
POSTDOC POSITION in the field of Chromatin Molecular Complexes
The postdoctoral position is open in the field of chromatin molecular complexes. The project includes analysis of chromatin-associated protein complexes in vitro and in vivo (particularly in yeast model organisms), their architecture, interactions and activities. The research will include characterisation of SMC (Structure Maintenance of Chromosome) complexes using biochemical and genetic approaches. The main efforts will be devoted to the analysis of protein-protein and protein-DNA interactions of the subunits of the SMC5/6 complex. These studies will be complemented by analyses of chromatin states in yeast cells to explore the role of the SMC5/6 complex subunits in chromatin dynamics.
The successful candidate should demonstrate her/his excellence in protein-DNA biochemistry and yeast biology.
The successful candidate should:
- be a researcher who has received a PhD or its equivalent within the last 7 years
- be a researcher who has worked at least two whole years in the last three outside the territory of the Czech Republic in the field of research with a working time of at least 0.5 full-time equivalent, or who has been PhD student (or equivalent) abroad
- have a publishing record – in the last three years at least two publication outputs registered in the Thomson Reuters Web of Science, Scopus or ERIH PLUS databases and at the same time publications such as “articles”, “books”, “book chapters”, “letters” and “reviews”. The applicant must be the principal author of at least one publication (according to the subject specificity it may be as the first author, the corresponding/reprint author, or the role of the individual authors stated in the article).
- have experience in the field of chromatin and yeast biology and biochemistry
- have experience with research projects (an advantage)
- have excellent communication skills and an ability to collaborate in the interdisciplinary team
Continue reading at the source location: https://www.muni.cz/o-univerzite/kariera-na-mu/volna-mista/37313