Masaryk University, Brno, Czech Republic invites excellent scientists to apply
Postdoc – Bioinformatician
CEITEC is a scientific centre in the fields of life sciences, advanced materials and technologies whose aim is to establish itself as a recognized centre for basic as well as applied research. CEITEC offers a state-of-the-art infrastructure and great conditions to employ excellent researchers.
Our institute values diversity and promotes an inclusive working environment with the aim to support the best scientists.
The postdoctoral researcher would need to have experience in the analysis of NGS data, especially involving localization, motif finding and gene-set enrichment analyses.
A postdoc position is available in the Bioinformatics Core Facility (https://www.ceitec.eu/new-generation-sequencing-bioinformatics/cf284) to engage in analysis of various types of Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) data (such as RNA-Seq, CLIP-Seq, ChIP-Seq, small RNA-Seq etc) both produced locally in CEITEC or publicly available, with the aim to identify biologically relevant patterns in said data. The researcher will be tasked with the development of novel automated NGS analysis pipelines as well as Galaxy workflows. We are seeking a person with expertise in bioinformatics, NGS data analysis, especially involving motif finding, binding localization and gene-set enrichment analyses. Research will be conducted at CEITEC located in the life science campus of Masaryk University (Brno, Bohunice, https://www.ceitec.eu/).
- Be within 7 years after receiving PhD. in bioinformatics or relevant field
- Experienced in programming
- Published in impactful journals in the field, corresponding to given stage of career demonstrating creativity and scientific quality (with at least 2 papers, one the them as first author, during the last 3 years)
- Worked at least 2 whole years out of the last 3 outside of the Czech Republic
- Good English language – spoken and written
Desirable but not required:
- Motivated person with collaborative mind set
- Willingness to engage in the life of academic community
- Python, R, bash scripting (submitting github page or similar with application welcome)
- Knowledge of NGS techniques and standard practices for analysis of NGS data
Continue reading at the source site: https://www.muni.cz/o-univerzite/kariera-na-mu/volna-mista/38710