The Department of Computer Graphics and Design at the Faculty of Informatics Masaryk University offers an Assistant or Associate Professor position in the area of computer graphics. The candidates are expected to have an excellent research background in the area of computer graphics.
The position is focused both on research and teaching. The candidates are expected to carry out research of top international quality and show a large amount of flexibility in teaching subjects that are not directly related to their areas of research. In particular, the candidates should be able to prepare and deliver lectures and tutorials at the bachelor as well as master level in the following areas:
- Computer graphics,
- Human computer interaction,
- Programming, algorithms, and data structures.
The candidates are expected to help with supervising undergraduate as well as PhD students and eventually obtain research projects to fund their research activities. For more information on the main intended courses see PB009, PA010, PV160, and PV182.
- PhD in Computer Science or a related discipline; PhD degree related to computer graphics or from abroad is an advantage,
- Excellent publication record,
- Excellent teaching skills,
- Experience with research projects is an advantage,
- Fluency in English (both spoken and written); knowledge of Czech or Slovak is an advantage,
- At least six months of research experience abroad (outside the Czech and Slovak Republics) is required and at least one year is strongly preferred.
Applicants should submit:
- CV, including a summary of work experience, publication activity, teaching, involvement in research grants, etc.
- PhD degree certificate (or proof of submitting the thesis with information about expected defense date),
- Cover letter explaining candidate’s motivation and interest in obtaining the position,
- Title and abstract of a lecture that can be presented as a part of the application process,
- The names and contact details of three persons that can be asked for a letter of reference.
Applications should be submitted through the university job application system https://www.muni.cz/en/about-us/careers/vacancies/35507